l235dt hydrolic issues

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
Hello my orange friends
Im in need of picking some brains here. I bought this tractor this last winter
from the niebor down the road after she bought a new one. history as told to me. after we got by a tornado last summer she took it in to the kubota dealer to have the exhaust fixed that had got bent by a falling tree branch which she said the hydrolic were fading bad beforer hand. they change the the canister filter (no screens on this one) replaced the fluids (showed all reciepts) she said when they got it home they had to use the new tractor to lift the bucket so they could move it, this is after the shop fixed it. i bought it shortly after, pulled the hydrolic pump to find all seals were gone. so i rebuilt the pump but still had slow FEL (depending on the tempitures) but then start fading again and sounding like it was sucking air. 3 point seemed to work fine. i was told the l235 had a bad habit of getting pin holes in the pick up tube which i finnally got around to removing today to inspect. it looked fine with very little surface rust.the thing that i did notice that when i drained the triany down under the seat i only got little more than 3/4 of a five bucket of fuild which i would think it should have more and the fuild was motor oil color but clean. only leakes found is 1 ram on the loader. motor is clean and the antifreeze is clean and full. the loader wasnt fast moving but the 3 piont would lift my heavy 5ft brush hog off the ground at ease and when down on the ground going dowing would try to lift the rear tires. the control valve under the seat didnt seamed to make much differance opened or locked. im planning on putting back to gether replacing the right amount and type of fluids and repair the ram. IS THERE ANY THING ELSE I MIGHT NEED TO LOOK AT BEFORE I SET FIRE TO IT
IM JOKING about LIGHTING UP Im realling hoping the shop didnt put enough and the wrong type fluid in it

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Sounds like you're on the right track . I would also try to drain every line and cylinders before changing to the correct fluid .

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Does your model have power steering or manual steering?

The factory made no provisions (easy hook up points) for the loader, so where and how did they pipe it in. Pictures of the location of connections would be great.

You say the transmission fluid looks like motor oil, well universal hydraulic fluid does look like motor oil, same color, just a little thicker.
Low oil usually will not mean fade, it will usually just means non function.
If it's sucking air the oil will foam on it's return to the transmission.

You might need to do a pressure test to verify if the pump is working properly or not.

Note: You don't have a canister filter on that model, you have a spin on filter, there is a difference, spin on is much better!

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
thanks koja & wolfman. found out the tractor spec call for 7.5 gallons of fluid and thats with out FEL. does it need to be drained from other location on the tractor for I am short about a gallon in a five gallon bucket and wolfman ill try to get some pic loaded this evening of the FEL hook up pionts. thanks again

Last edited:

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
hi again. after my last post every thing has got worst. the winning has got to all the time the fel will only lift a few inches at a time and last night when i stoped the 3 piont and FEL would go back down. i have cleaned and checked the valves . the one under the seat and on the new controls. the oil looks like coffee creamed color i gues from air. i put new clamps on the rubber boot at the pump but no leaks there or the the tube

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Not enough fluid. And a lot of air in system.this will cause it to lurch or lift a little at a time. As mentioned earlier, wolfman needs so see how connectins were done for fel to tractor.