Sandpoint, ID

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The bolts that hold the plate are shouldered. The plate will have a slight amount of movement in it. I have a good used valve if you need one.
The man with the answers!
And the parts! 😁

Reactions: 2 users

mcnuttja01

Equipment
Kubota L2350 DT
Nov 19, 2022
Acampo, Ca
The bolts that hold the plate are shouldered. The plate will have a slight amount of movement in it. I have a good used valve if you need one.
Sent you a message via the Conversation option on this site. If you don't get it let me know.

Jerry

Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Watching it again I don't like the slop in this connection:
I'm pretty sure it's excessive.

View attachment 128975
I agree. I think the spring on that rod, in the valve body, is supposed to keep the slack out by keeping the connection in tension. Either that rod adjustment needs to be shortened, or something in the valve is not right.

mcnuttja01

Equipment
Kubota L2350 DT
Nov 19, 2022
Acampo, Ca
Hi,

The replacement valve was dropped off, installed in hydraulic cylinder cover and prepping to reattach to trans case. A couple of questions.

What type of gasket sealant?

This thing is so heavy and difficult to handle, i could do it myself iff all of the sealant and gasket were attached to the trans case.

Has anyone applied sealant to the trans case, then sat the gasket on the trans case over the sealant and then sealant on top of the gasket rather than the case??

If I did it this way I can sit the cover on my self, without any help.

Thanks in advance.....

Jerry

mcnuttja01

Equipment
Kubota L2350 DT
Nov 19, 2022
Acampo, Ca
Hi,

The replacement valve was dropped off, installed in hydraulic cylinder cover and prepping to reattach to trans case. A couple of questions.

What type of gasket sealant?

This thing is so heavy and difficult to handle, i could do it myself iff all of the sealant and gasket were attached to the trans case.

Has anyone applied sealant to the trans case, then sat the gasket on the trans case over the sealant and then sealant on top of the gasket rather than the case??

If I did it this way I can sit the cover on my self, without any help.

Thanks in advance.....

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I agree. I think the spring on that rod, in the valve body, is supposed to keep the slack out by keeping the connection in tension. Either that rod adjustment needs to be shortened, or something in the valve is not right.
I'm curious, did the replacement valve take the movement out of that connection?

mcnuttja01

Equipment
Kubota L2350 DT
Nov 19, 2022
Acampo, Ca
I'm curious, did the replacement valve take the movement out of that connection?
Yes it did, not as loose. After I get the tractor put back together and adjusted I'll take the valve apart and rebuild it. I'll post the results.

Did you see my question about Gasket Sealants/ What product do you use?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Yes it did, not as loose. After I get the tractor put back together and adjusted I'll take the valve apart and rebuild it. I'll post the results.

Did you see my question about Gasket Sealants/ What product do you use?
I've never had one apart. My L35 doesn't use a gasket (not shown on parts list or in WSM). Here's the instructions from the L35 WSM. I think Three Bond 1208D is a silicone sealer.
Screenshot_20240527-091733-423.png

The parts list for your tractor shows a gasket. If you want to use a sealant, I think a thin coat of silicone gasket sealer would be ok.

mcnuttja01

Equipment
Kubota L2350 DT
Nov 19, 2022
Acampo, Ca
Got it all back together with a replacement valve provided by Kubotaguy and things are working.

My thanks to all that helped along the way. I definitely have a better understanding of how the valve works, replacement and adjusting.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
What “gasket”. did you end up using?

Great that @007kubotaguy was able to help supply the part and that your tractor is working again.

If you don’t intend to fix the valve you should ask @007kubotaguy if he wants it to repair. I don’t know what he does in your situation