L225DT Right Rear Wheel Won't Turn

ScharpeStGuy

Equipment
L225DT / T1460
Apr 22, 2012
Huntsville, TX
Hello,

I'm a new owner of two "old" Kubota's but I plan on getting much use out of each. I was out working the L225DT and all of a sudden the right rear wheel wouldn't turn and instead it was getting dragged. I quickly shut off the tractor but would love any insight into this issue. Hopefully something easy and not a rebuild of "...." but if so, so be it.

Any good mechanics that the members here recommend close to Huntsville / Conroe Texas?

Thank you and great to meet you all,

Scharpe St Guy

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Probably bearings and/or gear in the final drive on that side. I had similar trouble with an old L245 years ago. Was fairly easy to fix.

ScharpeStGuy

Equipment
L225DT / T1460
Apr 22, 2012
Huntsville, TX
Are there preferred vendors that members of this forum utilize for Kubota parts? I am a member of some other vehicle forums and there always seem to be two or three vendors that treat the members right and know of what they sell and are knowlegable about other parts to replace while peforming the repair.

Thank you,

Scharpe St Guy

Probably bearings and/or gear in the final drive on that side. I had similar trouble with an old L245 years ago. Was fairly easy to fix.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I usually just go to the local dealer for parts. But I have ordered from Messick's (spl?) with no problems and good prices.

ScharpeStGuy

Equipment
L225DT / T1460
Apr 22, 2012
Huntsville, TX
I have a tractor mechanic who I hope works out look at it and he said the clutch needs to be replaced, I ordered the kit off ebay for $230 plus $15 for shipping. He believes there is a problem in the axle as well and is looking into that.

He also told me that three of the FEL Hydraulic Cylinders are leaking he ball parked approx $350 for each to be rebuilt and installed, I am going to just purchase the seals and take care of myself based upon what I have read to date.

Performing the repairs within the axle you mentioned earlier, how tough / how long would I be looking at there?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge,

Scharpe

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
$350 to rebuild a cylinder is crazy high. You can get a new one for less.

I had the rear axle bearings go out in the left side finale drive (reduction gear housing) on our old L245. It took around a half day to pull it apart, replace bearings and get it back together. It was a straight forward and easy repair.