L2250 power steering problem

billittner

Equipment
L2250
May 18, 2018
Woodstock
Have an L2250 that has steering issues, the 4wd tractor is in 2wd with an empty bucket and can hardly turn the wheels unless moving or taking the weight off the wheels with the bucket. Don't quite know where to start troubleshooting, seems to have fluid, read on this forum the pwr steering is fed off the rear of the hydraulic pump How do I check?)..or disconnect connection at the pwr steering unit and check for fluid...thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Power steering issues, troubleshooting and adjustments can be tricky, they are several systems at work here.

I would suggest that you get the WSM for your tractor and it will have the testing and repair procedures in it. ;)

Sorry there is no cheap or free download available for that model.

billittner

Equipment
L2250
May 18, 2018
Woodstock
Thanks, have a manual that's 25 yrs old now and a lot of the sketches are hard to read. The manual is very cryptic as to troubleshooting and descriptions as to the sequence of operation and the end results of operations in the manual.

Trying to locate a PDF manual for easier searching.

--bill

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks, have a manual that's 25 yrs old now and a lot of the sketches are hard to read. The manual is very cryptic as to troubleshooting and descriptions as to the sequence of operation and the end results of operations in the manual.

Trying to locate a PDF manual for easier searching.

--bill
Yea sadly I have hundreds of PDF WSM's and that one has never crossed my path. :(