L225 clutch throw-out bearing question

twomanyprojects

Equipment
L225
Mar 23, 2010
Carpinteria, CA, USA
Does this look “normal”? When the clutch engages, this mis-alignment between the stationary hub and the pressure plate assembly remain the same, and it looks like they are rubbing on each other. According to my parts diagram and manual, shouldn’t the outer portion of the bearing race be visible and rotate when you press down the clutch pedal?

Everything to the right of the gap rotates when the engine is running, and everything left of the gap is stationary with the clutch both depressed and not depressed.

I can hear the engine rpms drop a little when I press on the clutch, and I’m wondering if I don’t have a throwout bearing failure of some kind causing drag.

Also, I thought there was a grease fitting somewhere in there, but don't see one, nor is it mentioned in the manual.

Lets see if I can get this photo to work....

Thanks for any help

Frank

Attachments

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
On my L225DT there is a removable plate on the right side of the bell housing which covers the port to a grease fitting on the throw out bearing. I know the 2wd versions have them as well because the manual i have for mine is for a 2wd. Does this help?

twomanyprojects

Equipment
L225
Mar 23, 2010
Carpinteria, CA, USA
Hmmmm... The photo was taken through the port on the right side about three inches in front of the brake pedals. That port is the odd shaped one, with two bolts and a lid with two bends in it. The clutch assembly in on the right, the fixed portion that the clutch pedal operates is on the left. According to the manuals I have, there is a ball bearing at the meeting of the two. I'm just trying to figure out what is going on in there.

I haven't seen a grease fitting at all.

Frank

Attachments