L210 Brake shoes and hydraulics

kymidnight

Equipment
L210
Aug 10, 2010
United States
So I'm the proud new owner of an L210. This is my first tractor, and I'm very please with this old girl so far. That said, I've got a few issues.

The first, and most important is that the Right side brakes don't work well. The pedal travels a huge distance before slowing the tractor, and obviously I can't press both at the same time like this, which makes stopping... interesting. Is there an adjustment somewhere that even out the pedals? I'm guessing that the brake shoes may be significantly worn on the right side, and may need replacing, but the only shoes I can find online are for the L175, which is, to my understanding the same tractor with a 17hp engine instead of the 21hp. Are the brake shoes the same between them? The right side stops the tractor OK, but the pedal goes much much farther than the left, and the left stops the tractor much easier. I'm assuming the brakes are pretty much the same as old car drum brakes, just bigger. Am I wrong in this assumption?:confused:

Secondly, the tractor has an aftermarket loader of unknown type on it, but the loader is run by a pto driven hydraulic pump, not the tractors. This is fine, except that the clutch must be out and the pto engaged to use it, and it would be more convenient if it was tied into the tractors regular hydraulic system. Anyone have any ideas on how to retrofit a quick connect system into this tractor, or am I just out of luck and be happy I got a tractor with a loader for $2k :)
I saw there is a service manual for this tractor, does anyone know the cheapest place to get it from?

Thanks for listening to a tractor "n00b" and putting up with my inane questions :D
Tom

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Not sure about that model but my old B 7100 had a pto driven pump for the loader but it was driven off of the front pto shaft that is on the engine with the pump mounted in between the front frame rails. Don't know if you have one but it worked good for me. I can imagine your's is tricky to operate when the pump stops every time you clutch it.

kymidnight

Equipment
L210
Aug 10, 2010
United States
To the best of my knowledge there is only the rear pto, and since it's not live, it makes using the loader more difficult, especially with the brakes acting as they do.
So no one knows a good place to get the service manual? :(