L200 leaking gear oil from clutch bell housing weep hole

Jdboone

Equipment
L200
May 25, 2018
West harrison Indiana
Hello! So my l200 has been leaking hydraulic fluid past the hydraulic piston seal into the main gear case. Recently I was mowing when I noticed oil pouring from the clutch bell housing weep hole. I was hoping the gear case had just gotten too full from the leaking hydraulic cylinder and the fluid found it's way into the clutch housing but I'm afraid that's not the case. I was able to source a u seal from a local tractor dealer and put a new seal on the hydraulic piston I drained all of the fluids and re filled. After operating for several minutes I'm again getting a stream of gear oil pouring out of the clutch housing weep hole when the clutch pedal is released..

Does anyone know how the gear oil is getting thru to the clutch is this a seal/ o ring that can be replaced witbout splitting the tractor or removing the clutch or trans?

Thanks for the help!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Looking at all of the diagrams it just does not look possible for hydraulic fluid to get into the Clutch housing?

Hopefully someone that has worked on one of these oldies will respond.

Jdboone

Equipment
L200
May 25, 2018
West harrison Indiana
Well now it appears I'm leaking gear oil from the main gear case/transmission into the clutch housing then thru the weep hole. Maybe input shaft seal? I was hoping prior that my leaking hydraulic fluid into the gear case was the culprit but now after replacing the fluids back to normal levels and fixing the hyraulic piston I'm still leaking gear oil into the clutch housing.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds very plausible, they are a fairly easy split so I would just dive in and take a look at it. ;)