L185 hydraulic pump seal bad

Mikew22

Equipment
L185
Oct 11, 2019
El Dorado Arkansas
I have a 1979 L185 that I need to rebuild the hydraulic pump because of it leaking fluid over into the crank case. I found a few threads on this topic and say where a couple people said they got everything to do this for around $25. I got the part numbers off one thread also. Then I called messicks just to be sure about the part numbers. They emailed me the breakdown diagram of the pump. It's showing several different orings and seals. After looking all part numbers up I'm at $75 before shipping and 4 of one oring and 1 of another is not available. Has anyone personally rebuilt this exact pump? Where did you get your parts from? Do you still have the part numbers?

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
If memory serves, there is a serial # break. Before the break, the L185 uses the same pump as the L175 and the L1500, then it changes to a different one. If yours is before the serial # break, I have a thread about it somewhere with the # for the seal. I got my parts from a local dealer. Lano's in Loretto MN. They had to have it shipped in.

Mikew22

Equipment
L185
Oct 11, 2019
El Dorado Arkansas
If memory serves, there is a serial # break. Before the break, the L185 uses the same pump as the L175 and the L1500, then it changes to a different one. If yours is before the serial # break, I have a thread about it somewhere with the # for the seal. I got my parts from a local dealer. Lano's in Loretto MN. They had to have it shipped in.
Ok I will get my serial number tomorrow. Thank you

Mikew22

Equipment
L185
Oct 11, 2019
El Dorado Arkansas
Serial number is L185-10590
Engine model Z751-A
Hydraulic pump has 25-AL and 6-K-2 wrote on it