L1801DT Transmission/Hydraulic fluid change

Guy JR

Oct 19, 2010
Gadshill Ontario Canada
I want to change the transmission fluid in my tractor was told the hydraulic system gets its oil from the transmission. If this is true, should I drain my lines/cylinders for my loader when when I dump my tranny fluid? Has anyone done this on a similar tractor before, and if so is there anything to watch out for? Any input would be apperciated. Thanks.

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
I had a L1801 and it is not necessary to drain anything more then the transmission, just be prepared to having a large amount of fluid that will come out of the transmission. Since you are servicing the transmission also service the suction screen on the left hand side side of the transmission about half way up you will see a line going in and it is held in place with a flange and 2 bolts. You remove the bolts and pull the line away and inside you will find a o-ring on the line and the screen inside the housing of the transmission. Carefully pull the screen out and clean it with either parts cleaner or clean diesel fuel.

If the screen is damage either from pulling it or by age you can get a new screen from the Kubota dealer. Just tell them you want one for a L185 as they are the same. Also while you are there you also get a new o-ring using the same tractor number. I suggest that you spend the money before you start and just get a new screen and o-ring as you do not want to start this project and have to stop and wait to get the parts needed in the middle of the project.