L 4740 3 point

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
I can't upload the owners manual as the file is too large but it's page 81. I'm missing lever #1, position control, but have #2, draft control. PTO works. Is it possible #1 was removed by the original owner? I've been using bucket and forks but need this now. I'll spring for the WSM, haven't needed it yet, but thought I'd try here first.

edit - OK, I forgot about the lock under the seat but it still doesn't explain why I'm missing lever #1. The draft control will lower but what's going to happen when I pull a Jake Rake or tiller?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok, back up a little.

First need to know what exact model you have, there are several L4740 and different options and setups.
If you don't know give me the tractors 5 digit serial # and I can tell you the model.

It sounds like your talking about draft control, that is only and option and not normally equipped on tractors.

Second can you raise and lower the three point as it's set up now?

You can get a version of the L4740 WSM for cheap ( Here ) but is it usefulness will depend on which version of tractor you have.
After you give me info I can tell you whether that version is going to be right.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
Sorry, it's an '09 HST but I'll get you the 5 digit. Yes the 3 point works. My guess is the manual is wrong and I don't have draft. Everything else is right though.