L 3800 DT rubber floor mats

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I guess the answer is "No."
I'd get a set of truck mud flaps, cut to size with a razor knife or tin snips, and hold in place with 1/4" bolts through the existing deck holes, and fender washers - in 4 or 5 places. Over the hump you could go with contact cement or sheet metal screws.
This is not a bad idea! Between mud, gravel and work boots, my deck looks pretty rough...
Mud flap material is tough stuff.

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
Well I made some patterns for the floorboards of my L 3800 dt out of newspaper then transfered them to cardboard (easier to trace onto rubber). I bought a full size semi mud flap, plain black, smooth finish, traced patterns with a heavy pencil, and cut them out with a pair of sharp kitchen scissors. I got both mats out of one mud flap and even got a strip for the step. I used 3/8 " carriage bolts with fender washers and lock nuts on the step, 7/16 " on the floorboards as the holes are larger. Turned out sweet ! May get some thinner, more flexible rubber and some barge cement to do the hump. I'll put up some pics soon as I finish the hump.:eek:

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
Well I made some patterns for the floorboards of my L 3800 dt out of newspaper then transfered them to cardboard (easier to trace onto rubber). I bought a full size semi mud flap, plain black, smooth finish, traced patterns with a heavy pencil, and cut them out with a pair of sharp kitchen scissors. I got both mats out of one mud flap and even got a strip for the step. I used 3/8 " carriage bolts with fender washers and lock nuts on the step, 7/16 " on the floorboards as the holes are larger. Turned out sweet ! May get some thinner, more flexible rubber and some barge cement to do the hump. I'll put up some pics soon as I finish the hump.:eek:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
interesting.... looking forward to pics....