L 2250 Hydraulic pump reseal

albe123

Equipment
L2250 tractorw/LA450
Nov 14, 2017
Boerne,TX,USA
I have an older L 2250 with FEL. I believe the hydraulic fluid is leaking into the crankcase.....engine oil level shows about a quart or more full and always adding hydraulic fluid. I cannot smell diesel fuel in crankcase oil.
I do have the work shop manual but it is not very clear on how to remove and reseal the unit that is both the power steering and hydraulic pump. Any suggestions or ideas on this job. I'm fairly good at swinging a wrench.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Al

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
A WSM - service manual, would be handy as well as the illustrated parts manual here
https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/
Ideally get the correct manual, but if you can't, you may get by depending on your experience with another manual for a similar product as well as the parts diagrams.

albe123

Equipment
L2250 tractorw/LA450
Nov 14, 2017
Boerne,TX,USA
I have the Kubota WSM for the L 2250 (includes 3 other L series tractors). It does NOT have a clear, concise illustration on how to removes the pump assembly. It says to "remove pipes and then the assembly".
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Well that's about it, drain the fluid, unbolt the pipes and unbolt the pump and remove, you may need to remove ancillary things like throttle linkages etc to get access, not sure what's in the way on your machine. I'm guessing it's just one pump behind the other, have a look at the parts layout in the earlier link.

albe123

Equipment
L2250 tractorw/LA450
Nov 14, 2017
Boerne,TX,USA
I know it's been a while. I like to see an end to these questions /problems.
I finished pulling the pump and resealing it. The pump is a very tight front to rear fit but finally removed it. I had ordered all new seals. The pump reseal was fairly straight forward.
When I went to restart tractor, starter/ electric power was dead. Battery cables on all ends were clean...battery charged and showing 12.4 Vdc.
At the cable ends, 12.4 Vdc. When any load applied, voltage dropped to "0".
After a few hours of checking, I finally figured that positive cable was no good.Replaced it and all is good!
Loader and 3 point seem to work well.
Just a matter of time to see if crankcase oil level remains constant.
Thank to all!
Al