KX41-2V hydraulic mystery

gcsthomas

Equipment
KX41-2V
Nov 8, 2010
Warner Springs, CA
I have a 2002 KX41-2V that I purchased used early this year and it has been working perfectly except for blowing the 15 Amp engine shut off fuse. It reached 1,000 hours so I changed the hydraulic fluid and the two filters. Everything went well except that now the hand controls are not functioning, i.e. the hand controls associated with the safety lock outs do not work. No boom, no arm, no bucket no machine swing. Tracks work, blade works, boom swing with foot control okay. Before I try and bypass the safety lock outs to see if a faulty switch is the problem does anyone have a suggestion as to what might be causing this? As I said everything was fine until I changed the hydraulic fluid and filters. I have checked the other fuses and they are okay. The wiring diagram shows the lever lock switches on the same fuse as the fuel pump so since the machine runs that fuse is definitely okay. Thanks for any help.

gcsthomas

Equipment
KX41-2V
Nov 8, 2010
Warner Springs, CA
Thanks for the suggestion. No wire bundles anywhere near the hydraulic tank on this machine. Tried bypassing the safety switches on the levers and still no joy, as in joy sticks produced no movement. Talked to local Kubota dealer service manager and unfortunately he is not that familiar with this machine. When I asked if there was someone at Kubota corporate who might know something he said I would probably be referred back to my local dealer.

Has anyone had luck with talking to Kubota directly about service issues?

B7100hst-d

Oct 31, 2010
NLR AR
I'd start by checking all the interloc/safety switches. Sounds like possibly one is bad and draws the amps blowing the fuse. Might have bumped something while doing the service?

Good luck with it

gcsthomas

Equipment
KX41-2V
Nov 8, 2010
Warner Springs, CA
Thanks for the suggestion but the fuse associated with the safety levers is not blowing and I have bypassed both safety switches so they are not the problem. Seems that there is a control valve with two solenoids that the safety switches are wired to but can't find the darn thing with all the plumbing that this machine has. Looks like I might have to bite the bullet and shell out $200.00+ for service manuals.

gcsthomas

Equipment
KX41-2V
Nov 8, 2010
Warner Springs, CA
After much head scratching, reading and experimenting I solved the problem by energizing i.e. applying 12 volts to a solenoid I thought was causing the problem. Gave it a short jolt reconnected all the wiring and it worked perfectly. The only thing I can think is that it must have been stuck and there wasn't enough voltage getting to it without going direct. That's my theory but could be totally wrong. In any event it has worked fine ever since. I'll dig through my manuals tomorrow to see if I can get the exact name and part number for you. It's buried deep in the plumbing under the operators seat. You can get to the electrical connection for it from the left side of the machine, i.e. opposite side to the hydraulic tank.

After looking through the online parts manual, I think it might have been the unloader valve. It's the only part of the hydraulic system that I can see has electrical connections to it. Anyway, as I said I'll double check my manuals tomorrow and let you know.

11/16/13 Got my Workshop manual out and figured it was either the unloader valve or the change valve. It was 3 years ago so I am not positive which one.

Last edited: