Kx - 61-2 S travelling issue

Plmbr800

Equipment
KX 61-2 S Series
Jul 16, 2021
Canada
Hello. So I have managed to narrow down my travelling issue to the brake valve assembly. I understand they can be adjusted as there are set screws. ? Also if I install a test t on the inlet side of the valve assembly. What type of pressure should be present ? Thx in Advance.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hello. So I have managed to narrow down my travelling issue to the brake valve assembly. I understand they can be adjusted as there are set screws. ? Also if I install a test t on the inlet side of the valve assembly. What type of pressure should be present ? Thx in Advance.
I did not realize there was a brake, but I guess that makes sense. Is the brake part of the travel motors? One brake per motor?

What exactly is the traveling issue you are having?

I can't help with you question...but do have a PDF of what I believe is the mechanism chapter of the WSM for the KX series, that includes the KX-61-2. PM me if this would help you...

In the meantime...hope someone here can answer your specific question.

Plmbr800

Equipment
KX 61-2 S Series
Jul 16, 2021
Canada
I did not realize there was a brake, but I guess that makes sense. Is the brake part of the travel motors? One brake per motor?

What exactly is the traveling issue you are having?

I can't help with you question...but do have a PDF of what I believe is the mechanism chapter of the WSM for the KX series, that includes the KX-61-2. PM me if this would help you...

In the meantime...hope someone here can answer your specific question.
Hi Henro I do have a work shop manual Thank you. My right track was not working as well as the left. Switched ( brake valve function ) to the left. Now the left is nor responding as well as the right. The manual is not clear as to how to adjust the setting on the brake valve. Hope someone out there can help. Cheers.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hi Henro I do have a work shop manual Thank you. My right track was not working as well as the left. Switched ( brake valve function ) to the left. Now the left is nor responding as well as the right. The manual is not clear as to how to adjust the setting on the brake valve. Hope someone out there can help. Cheers.
While we are waiting for someone to help, I did not notice a brake or brake valve shown in the hydraulic drawing for my KX-41-2V, nor on the drawing for your model. Where is it actually shown?

I am going to have to read the manual better. Please let me know, as I have noticed something going on with my travel too, where both motors do not drive equally sometimes, so the machine goes in a slight curve, rather than straight when both directional levers are pushed fully in either direction.

Also, I think the WSM is sold in two parts, the mechanism chapter and another chapter called something else, which alludes me at the moment. I only have the mechanism chapter, but do plan on ordering the other part at some point. I think the other part actually tells how to do things, but do not know for certain.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Here is a pic of the brake valve. My WSM covers kX 36 up to the kx 151. What are you missing in your ism?
Thank you for that. Actually found that page after posting my question to you. I need to take the time to try to understand what that brake valve does. At first look it appears to be some kind of check valve assembly. I take it there is no actual physical brake involved.

As far as the WSM goes, checking on line I see their are two manuals (sections) sold by Kubota, for my KX41-2V. I assumed what I have is one of them. I could be wrong and may have both combined Into one file.

I hope someone here can help you. Another option may be visiting the heavy equipment forum, excavator sub forum, and asking there. I don’t go there often but will post a link if I can find it.

edit: here is the link, hopefully

Last edited:

Plmbr800

Equipment
KX 61-2 S Series
Jul 16, 2021
Canada
I think some refer to the brake valve also as a counterbalance valve. I was speaking to a mechanic. His recommendation is to install a test T on both lines on the right side and a then left side and compare the pressure values. Will give that try tomorrow. I have the manual on a stick from Kubota Canada so if you need anything I can try to send it in a zip file.