kuw-200 kubota gray market?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Try prying or driving the yoke forward back to a strait position.
The remove it.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The transmission is obviously under a lot of tension…. if you can't bump one of the shifters out of gear, I guess the only alternative is to cut the yoke….. not cheap to replace, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

nathanturner

Equipment
L35 BH,FEL
Apr 4, 2014
Berea
The transmission is obviously under a lot of tension…. if you can't bump one of the shifters out of gear, I guess the only alternative is to cut the yoke….. not cheap to replace, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
how much force do you think one of those shifters can take? my other problem is getting something in the access hole in the bottom to cut it with, was thinking of using a small air driven die grinder. and where should I cut?

if I took out the snap ring on the side of the yolk you think it might slide down the joint enough to relieve the pressure?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Jammed front drive yoke

in the pic i posted, is that the clutch rod the yolk in wedge on or is it something else?
NO, that's the input drive shaft to the transmission, that why it's all jammed up, you've jammed the output for the front end drive into the input for the whole tractor.
Because neither the input nor output can turn it's about impossible to get the torque off of the shafts and gears in the transmission.

DO NOT try an force the shifters, they are not that strong, as it is you're going to be real lucky if it hasn't broken anything inside the transmission.

You will not be able to do any disassembling on that joint to get it apart because it under extreme pressure!

Jammed.jpg

nathanturner

Equipment
L35 BH,FEL
Apr 4, 2014
Berea
Re: Jammed front drive yoke

NO, that's the input drive shaft to the transmission, that why it's all jammed up, you've jammed the output for the front end drive into the input for the whole tractor.
Because neither the input nor output can turn it's about impossible to get the torque off of the shafts and gears in the transmission.

DO NOT try an force the shifters, they are not that strong, as it is you're going to be real lucky if it hasn't broken anything inside the transmission.

You will not be able to do any disassembling on that joint to get it apart because it under extreme pressure!

View attachment 11170
how do I do this inside that small box

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I think NIW has it figured- I would try a slide hammer with a chain or hook & try to yank the yoke forward, in the direction of the arrow.

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Just out of curiosity, what happened to the rest of the driveline?

nathanturner

Equipment
L35 BH,FEL
Apr 4, 2014
Berea
Just out of curiosity, what happened to the rest of the driveline?
it's still in there, ok I will post a pic of what I am dealing with as far as space. this tractor has a sub frame next to no room. was thinking of putting a hole in the housing so I could get a good wack with a rod or bar.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
was thinking of putting a hole in the housing so I could get a good wack with a rod or bar.
If you can put the hole in the right place, without damaging anything else….
hate to see you have to drill a bunch of holes in that housing trying to get a good whack at exactly the right angle to break it free.
The only way you're going to get plenty of room to work this problem is to split the tractor, and of course that means removal of the backhoe & it's subframe and the FEL & it's subframe. Certainly not impossible, but a lot of work.

nathanturner

Equipment
L35 BH,FEL
Apr 4, 2014
Berea
Gonna be hard since I can't run the pro to set the bh in position for removal. Any ideas or should I just shore it up best I can and go with it. Gonna give it one more shot today before I dismantle the sub frame

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The only other thing I can think of- (remote possibility)
If I remember right, the yoke on the transmission output shaft is held on with a roll pin- if you could drive the pin out & then drive or yank the whole assembly forward…. but it appears in your pic that the pin is not in the right position to allow access- you'll have to be the judge.
Again, I'm doing all this from (old) memory, my tractor is 150 miles from here.

I'm still guessing that your best bet will be with a slide hammer & chain….. only way I can see getting any force on the problem in that tiny work area.

Last edited:

nathanturner

Equipment
L35 BH,FEL
Apr 4, 2014
Berea
Hooray! I got it! Got the come along at a better angle attached a chain to the bucket then to the come along crossed my fingers and popped the bucket. So glad I didn't have to disassemble the sub frame. Now to get it I'm the garage so I can set the BH in the proper position for removal. Gonna put the attachments on the other b6100d I have and sell this one.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I normally would never recommend putting a hole in the tunnel but in your case it looks like it would be the best option for you.

I would use a good 1/2" drill and a hole saw to get it done, the steel is not hardened and it's not very thick, Cool the cutting bit as much as you can while drilling to cut down on stress.

nathanturner

Equipment
L35 BH,FEL
Apr 4, 2014
Berea
well I made it worse. I need to learn patients. while trying to back it into the garage it did it again. not it is further past and the engine is not wanting to turn over. I hope I didnt damage the flywheel or the clutch. The fan moves a little when I try to start it. I was hoping I could use the same trick again but I may be tearing it down out side instead of in the garage. It's ok to say it, I'm an idiot.