Kubota's new West Coast distribution center.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I remember when they were having a grand opening at Edgerton, Ks--I was there. Was a number of years ago, and they've added on a couple times that I know of. HUGE building but it has to be to support the growth of Kubota brands.

they moved most of the central division's warehouse stuff from Fort Worth to Edgerton and Fort Worth became a training center (mostly). I hated going there every year and I hated going to Edgerton every so often too.

Honestly suprised that Kubota still has warehouses in California at all

Reactions: 1 user

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
I remember when they were having a grand opening at Edgerton, Ks--I was there. Was a number of years ago, and they've added on a couple times that I know of. HUGE building but it has to be to support the growth of Kubota brands.

they moved most of the central division's warehouse stuff from Fort Worth to Edgerton and Fort Worth became a training center (mostly). I hated going there every year and I hated going to Edgerton every so often too.

Honestly suprised that Kubota still has warehouses in California at all
Why are you surprised. LOL. Not everybody in California is a whack job. The Central valley is completely different than the large cities. A lot of good hard-working people.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The entire state has the same governor and legislature, and the same for taxes. Besides, everything causes cancer when it is located in California. I don't want to get cancer so I don't want any Kubota parts that are shipped from there.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Why are you surprised. LOL. Not everybody in California is a whack job. The Central valley is completely different than the large cities. A lot of good hard-working people.
So true. And as a Nevadan I can't tell you how many times I've been told by Californians who live east of the Sierra Nevada mountains that they wish the state line was the crest of the Sierras....their address is in California and they pay California taxes...but they do all their business in Nevada.

We have essentially the same problem here in Nevada, though. Total population of Nevada is ~ 3.2 million. 2.5 million live in the Las Vegas region, so no matter what the rest of the state wants, we are outvoted by the big city.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
So true. And as a Nevadan I can't tell you how many times I've been told by Californians who live east of the Sierra Nevada mountains that they wish the state line was the crest of the Sierras....their address is in California and they pay California taxes...but they do all their business in Nevada.

We have essentially the same problem here in Nevada, though. Total population of Nevada is ~ 3.2 million. 2.5 million live in the Las Vegas region, so no matter what the rest of the state wants, we are outvoted by the big city.
Both remind me of New York.

Upstate has a different philosophy/perspective than the NYC metro region and Long Island......

A Governor can be elected by NYC alone.

Reactions: 4 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
My neighbor is originally from Blasdell (spelled correctly??) NY. Aint any different than any other yankee best I can tell. Thinks he's smarter at everything, than anyone else. Can't tell him no different either. His wife is from here originally and they are like oil and water in some ways.