Kubota zd323 fuel tank removal

oharap1984

Equipment
Kubuta zd323
May 13, 2017
Pittsburg Kansas usa
The mower has been sitting for 2 years and need to remove the fuel tanks and replace whatever needs to be replaced. The right side fuel tank has a height adjustment knob that I am wanting to know how to remove. Would anybody know how to do that? Thanks Patrick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oharap1984

Equipment
Kubuta zd323
May 13, 2017
Pittsburg Kansas usa
The mower has been sitting for 2 years and need to remove the fuel tanks and replace whatever needs to be replaced. The right side fuel tank has a height adjustment knob that I am wanting to know how to remove. Would anybody know how to do that? Thanks Patrick

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
That one's one of the worst I've seen. Wow. Did you get the right tank out yet? IIRC the knob just pulls off of the shaft; but they're tight. Hopefully someone didn't glue it on....

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Jack the deck up all the way on both sides so you can turn the Height of Cut knob. Fold in the Right hand steer control lever and remove the neutral guide that it was setting in. Now shine a light in thru the steer control slot rearward and you can see the height of cut shaft. It goes thru the frame and has a hairpin thru it right below the frame. Turn the knob while watching the shaft and you will see the loop on top of the pin when it comes around. Pull pin and shaft with knob will pull out on dash panel.
If you try to pry the knob off of the shaft you will usually break it.

Last edited: