Kubota Z421 - won't move

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
New last year with 9.4 hours. Today I got off to pick up some canine debris, got back on and it won't move. Hand controls don't feel like there is any feedback I normally got. Any one with thoughts or advice?

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
OK, after talking with the shop the machine came from... the tensioner spring for the hydro came loose. It was hung up underneath and not visible. Apparently this is a recall item and they have ordered a new one. I'll end up putting it in here since it's easier than going to them although those things are a PITA. As a side note the passenger side hydro disconnect won't lock out by design. Vice grips can work, I towed it with an ATV where it will be easier to work on. Otherwise I like the machine but it does suck fuel.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
yeah the worst part is getting under it. While you're under there check the engine pulley for debris stuck in the "vee" of the pulley. Usually causes vibration, then at some point the spring will bust and/or knock the belt off. Real common out here with all the sweet gum trees and the bumper crop of gum balls laying everywhere. They're the usual culprit of belts and vibrations.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
It wasn't to bad with a floor jack and stands for safety. The video trick worked really well but you need to piece of wood to pull on. It's going to be harder to get the original spring off to put on the new improved one.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
I got the new spring from the Dealer but he wouldn't give me a new belt. Of course the machine throws the old one off pretty quickly. At this point I'm pretty unhappy so they can deal with it. Turns out the is a plate above the pulley that was part of the recall too. Shop guys were fine, sales side not so much.

BTW the ROPS was installed incorrectly and wouldn't fold. Got that figured out too.