Kubota moover...

Davemerq73

Equipment
FEL, Rear Blade, Box scraper
Dec 5, 2010
Becker, MN
Well, I have been looking for something worth posting in the fabrication section for a while... here it is.

Recently I needed to Transport my tractor (first time to the dealer!), and had to borrow a friends trailer. So, my attention went to that incomplete trailer sitting in the back yard, un-able to get a tractor on it...

I Have had this trailer for a while. It was an old boat trailer that was given to me by my dad, and had no deck. It is preatty heavy duty, Has a 5k axle, and surge brakes(not my favorette). Last year, I decided to do my first real welding project, and put a deck on the trailer. I was originally thinking of selling it, but then I got my BX.

I could not find a set of sutable (Cheap) ramps for my BX. Thats when I did a little tinkering and came up with about a $65 solution.

I removed the Bolts that held the tonge on, welded a heavy duty hinge (cant see), braced it with 1/4" angle, and put removable 1/2"x4" (same diameter as bolts) pins in where the bolts used to be. It is shown with 1 pin in, I can put all 6 in, but have been using just 4. The two in front, and 1 on each side. I also Re-enforced, and shortened the tonge to make it more managable, and less flex. The washers were put on to shim up the alignment for the original holes.

Now a Ramp trailer.

I am kind of concerned about the strength of the hinge, but with the pins in, the risk should be only while loading or unloading.

Attachments

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Very nice :D How far have you towed your toy oops I mean tractor?