Kubota M120 pto does not stay running under load

HidawayFarms

Equipment
Kubota M120
Jul 7, 2022
Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone has some information they could give me on why my kubota m120's pto will turn my implements for about 10 seconds and then all the sudden seems to lose power. When I dont have an implement on the pto spins fine and never loses power but when under load it seems all power is lost. I have changed the filter becuase it was saying it was plugged. I have new hydro oil to put in but am holding out incase I need a new clutch pack. If anyone could help me trouble shoot this it would be greatly appreciated I just dont know what I should check/do next.
Thank you!

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone has some information they could give me on why my kubota m120's pto will turn my implements for about 10 seconds and then all the sudden seems to lose power. When I dont have an implement on the pto spins fine and never loses power but when under load it seems all power is lost. I have changed the filter becuase it was saying it was plugged. I have new hydro oil to put in but am holding out incase I need a new clutch pack. If anyone could help me trouble shoot this it would be greatly appreciated I just dont know what I should check/do next.
Thank you!
It sounds to me like your clutch pack is not working. I believe it is actuated by hydraulic pressure so you may have an internal leak in the internal actuator system. The other possibility is that the clutch is worn. How many hours on the tractor? What did the filter look like? Do you have a workshop manual for your tractor?

HidawayFarms

Equipment
Kubota M120
Jul 7, 2022
It sounds to me like your clutch pack is not working. I believe it is actuated by hydraulic pressure so you may have an internal leak in the internal actuator system. The other possibility is that the clutch is worn. How many hours on the tractor? What did the filter look like? Do you have a workshop manual for your tractor?
Hi Jerry MT it has around 5000 hours. The filter didnt look to bad but whoever had it before me looks like they put the wrong oil in becuase it is much thicker than kubota oil. And no I dont have the workshop manual yet but need to get one.