Kubota M series Seat Replacement

KubotaL185DT

Equipment
L185 4x4, L245H, M5140HD, Case 580B Hoe, JD350 Dozer, JD LX178,
May 6, 2010
Northern Calif
I have an M5140HD, I am assuming most if not all the Series M tractors would use the same seat parts. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

My (new to me) tractor was left outdoors the seat exterior coverings cracked & pieces missing, even the foam cushions under the coverings, are wore away some.

I could almost just recover them but with the condition of the foam cushions think it is best to replace them.

I need to take the seat frame componets apart as it will not slide foward or to the rear as parts are froze together.

I believe cleaning and lubing componets and it will be as good as new, once I install new cushions.

Also the stock folding arm rests need to be replaced

And the small shock assorber (ABSORBER,SHOCK p/n 3C081-85080) on the seat support frame is broken, at end of rod at weld I think I may be able to reweld it as I recall Kubota wants over 190 bucks for just this small shock!

As I see it I can either just replace the cushions or replace the entire assembly,

Just a matter of costs & time spent

Would like your opinions on where to go for a decent replacement source other than Kubota as they what way to much for a replacemet

Thanks, Bill

Attachments

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
I have an M5140HD, I am assuming most if not all the Series M tractors would use the same seat parts. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

My (new to me) tractor was left outdoors the seat exterior coverings cracked & pieces missing, even the foam cushions under the coverings, are wore away some.

I could almost just recover them but with the condition of the foam cushions think it is best to replace them.

I need to take the seat frame componets apart as it will not slide foward or to the rear as parts are froze together.

I believe cleaning and lubing componets and it will be as good as new, once I install new cushions.

Also the stock folding arm rests need to be replaced

And the small shock assorber (ABSORBER,SHOCK p/n 3C081-85080) on the seat support frame is broken, at end of rod at weld I think I may be able to reweld it as I recall Kubota wants over 190 bucks for just this small shock!

As I see it I can either just replace the cushions or replace the entire assembly,

Just a matter of costs & time spent

Would like your opinions on where to go for a decent replacement source other than Kubota as they what way to much for a replacemet

Thanks, Bill
Goggle search the web for "Kubota M5140HD seat" or just "tractor Seats" . There are bound to be after market seats available that will fit your tractor.

Last edited:

KubotaL185DT

Equipment
L185 4x4, L245H, M5140HD, Case 580B Hoe, JD350 Dozer, JD LX178,
May 6, 2010
Northern Calif
Goggle search the web for "Kubota M5140HD seat" or just "tractor Seats" . There are bound to be after market seats available that will fit your tractor.
But are they any good?

Looking for someone with experience with a decent replacement seat. Thanks bill

Last edited:

wildwolfproducts

Equipment
Kubota M-4700 Ferris IS2000
Apr 15, 2010
Stantonville TN
Not sure if you have replaced the seat yet. But I had a perfect seat off my Ferris Zero turn mower. I put a suspension seat on it. And the parts of that seat. Fit my seat pan on my M4700.
Thinking the Whole seat off Norther tool with shipping. Cost less then what you have priced for the shock.