Kubota L4150 white smoke, no start

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Excellent to hear, we all love a running tractor!

Does it or did it have a loader?

Does the Power steering work?

Could be a piping/ control valve issue if loader is on it, or more likely a pressure relief valve issue.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Where does the loader get its fluid from, what pump?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
For the sake of troubleshooting:
If the loader is running off the main pump, and taped into the block on the side of the tractor, remove the loader from the circuit, you'll need to loop the two lines together and see if the three point operation returns.

AlexS

Equipment
L4150
Oct 16, 2018
Goldendale, WA USA
For the sake of troubleshooting:
If the loader is running off the main pump, and taped into the block on the side of the tractor, remove the loader from the circuit, you'll need to loop the two lines together and see if the three point operation returns.
I have 3 pt operation and loader works. Just slow hydraulics. I just played around with it a bit yesterday. Maybe they need to bleed some more.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have 3 pt operation and loader works. Just slow hydraulics. I just played around with it a bit yesterday. Maybe they need to bleed some more.
If you eliminate the loader from the equation it will tell you if the issue is in the loader control or if it's in the tractor itself. ;)

AlexS

Equipment
L4150
Oct 16, 2018
Goldendale, WA USA
If you eliminate the loader from the equation it will tell you if the issue is in the loader control or if it's in the tractor itself. ;)
Found the leak. Old hose clamp wasnt tight enough under dash. Do you know what would cause functioning problems between front and rear hydraulics? When I raise or lower 3 point implement, the loader raises slowly. Ordered an operators manual to see what all the levers do and hoping that would steer me in the right direction. Any ideas off the top of your head? Thank you in advance

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Found the leak. Old hose clamp wasnt tight enough under dash. Do you know what would cause functioning problems between front and rear hydraulics? When I raise or lower 3 point implement, the loader raises slowly. Ordered an operators manual to see what all the levers do and hoping that would steer me in the right direction. Any ideas off the top of your head? Thank you in advance
Everytime I hear about the three point affecting the loader or vice vesa, it's a swapped line issue.
Its normally the Tank and Power Beyond lines are swapped, so check those.

Luckystars

Equipment
M5950 M1840A RTV900 CLUB CAR CARRY ALL 1
Mar 1, 2018
Webster FL USA
OMG, this sounds like my good used tractor. I had 2 of 3 pistons with cracked pistons and rings from either damage. Then sloooow loader from brake lining material loose in hydraulic system. I feel for you. It'll all be worth it once you're running and working it. I need one more day pf moving dirt and brush mowing and I'll do a 50 hour service on the engine.
Older "unique" engine parts are hard to find and pricey. I paid $294 each piston and they came with just the box, no rings, no pins or clips. Nothing.
3 cylinder and it came close to $400 a hole just for the pistons. Bearings and lines and gaskets................... Ya gotta love it a little for sure.
Post pics when you're done.