Kubota L3200 Drawbar

peejay

Equipment
L3200 plus 5 foot slasher
Feb 29, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Hi All,
I was flicking through the L3200 manual today and it occurred to me that I had never seen the drawbar on my tractor which is talked about in the manual and shown in every diagram where the hitch or associated components are shown. Should I have received a drawbar when the tractor was delivered? The slot is there but it's empty....
I will call the dealer on Monday but I thought I'd ask an independent group first.

Cheers

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sometimes its an ad on extra you have to pay for. I was tinkering around on the Kubota's website and built the L3200 and it was a 65 dollar ad on I had to pay extra for.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
That makes about as much sense as Komatsu sells their wheel equipment without tires included. If you want to but the tires they have on the machine you can purchase them but if you don't they will deliver your loader / truck, unload it off the trailer and have a tire man put it on blocks. Then he will remove the tires and leave you with it. I have seen this happen. It was a funny site to see a new shiny machine sitting on blocks like it had been car jacked and stripped.

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Just can't believe that a drawbar would be optional equipment.

Regarding Komatsu and the tires.... Giant earthmover and truck tires have skyrocketed in price and become scarce as hens teeth. It's not suprising that they're offering a customer that option. It makes sense if they've got an old machine that is hosed and heading for the scrap yard. Probably save many tens of thousands of dollars by keeping their old rubber.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Komatsu has to use every scam in the book to try and con people into buying their machines. They produce a pretty good excavator but aside from that the rest is junk.

If it doesn't say Cat on the side it's worth whatever scrap is bringing that day.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I have the L3700SU and funny as it is, the drawbar and cruse control were both options on this model. The 2800 and 3400 had drawbar and cruse standard. Luckily the dealer I dealt with ordered his with the options already installed.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Ranks right up there with a rear bumper being an option on a truck. It is rediculous to not sell a product complete.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well some people want either the tractor mount draw bar or the 3pth mount draw bar. Far as I know the tractor mount has pretty much been an add on extra for quite some time. I don't use mine for anything other then chaining the tractor down to the trailer.

Jefferson

Equipment
L3200 fel, Bx 2380 fel,60"deck,50"fm snowblower,50"tiller, Brush hog
Oct 14, 2011
West Michigan, USA
My L3200 came with a draw bar. Option, I don't know as it was never mentioned. I'd be checking with your dealer.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
my drawbar was included with the 3pt adjusters/bars. as my L3200 came with the backhoe installed.. i did need to call up the dealer as the pin was missing for the box blade/scraper..

i noticed a few hydraulic leaks, found several fittings that was loose.. don't know if they weren't tight enough before delivery or i've been working the machine to hard… i've already bent the bar that holds the forks on the forklift attachment… the bars were installed so that the position holding bolts were hard to get to, with the bars moved to the widest position. so i pulled things apart and reassembled the bars with the bolts to the inside. so i can get to the bolts to keep them tight..

almost got the tractor stuck three more times…. can't wait for the ground to dry up a bit. so i can start moving logs again… i drive up to a log. slip the forks under a log. start lifting and the tractor starts sinking… like it's in quicksand……. :eek:

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
hard to make boards/stringers 16' long with short logs…

the round support bar was being stressed when the lift bars slid toward the middle. due to the retaining bolts kept working loose.
problem solved. the lift bars are staying in the outer most position which places the load close to the end of the support bar. no more bending… (almost finished with the long logs anyway)...

Last edited:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Back to the drawbar; I think it was just overlooked. I went to the Kubota website, and the only thing mentioned for my L3200 was the drawbar clevis - a shackle looking thing, which costs about $70. That is an outlandish price for a clevis, by the way. Your dealer probably has the drawbar lying in the shop, wondering which customer is missing it.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
My L3200 came with a drawbar and as far as I know there was no extra cost. I opted not to get cruise control. My Ford has it and my B7500 had it but I never used it.

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
I bought my b3300su a month ago and they said it was an option.... The hardware store up the road sells 3pt drawbars for 22 bucks, so that is what I did. Seems crazy that it does not come with it.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I want to be sure I don't mislead you. Here's what I'm calling the drawbar on my tractor. It's the steel bar that slides into a receiver on the rear and has a clevis hanging on it:

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I want to be sure I don't mislead you. Here's what I'm calling the drawbar on my tractor. It's the steel bar that slides into a receiver on the rear and has a clevis hanging on it:

YEP that's the one we're talking about.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
same here, i did have to buy a clevis to use with the drawbar…
check with your sales person. they made enough from the sale. they should throw a drawbar in on the deal...