Kubota L2900 GST/NEW MEMBER/1ST TRACTOR

bigt88

Nov 24, 2014
louisiana
New member here with my first Tractor. She is a 1996 Kubota L2900GST. 1900 hours. I picked her up for $1500..
Had a fun time picking it up too. It was raining pretty good and tractor had a dead battery as it hasn't been ran in two years. Tried pulling it around the yard until it finally hit me that you cant pull start a Hydrostat!! Jumped it off with some cables but had to jump directly to the starter. She was thankful to be back running again!! Added some hydro fluid and the fluid was streaming out by one of the connections on the delivery line. Original owner said the tractor will need to be split to fix the leak but the leak by the delivery line is the only one that I see. I'm hoping he is wrong. I found a service manual and parts diagram for her on the internet. Is there anywhere to order parts such as the hydraulic lines off the internet? Also I may be in need of a new rear rim. Will definitely need new tires., and maybe a few plastic pieces here and there. Please help a newbie out and point me in the right direction... Any tips and tricks are helpful and appreciated as well. Thanks in advance..

Attachments

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
Nice tractor and the price is even better! :) A little work and she'll be good as new again!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It's tuff to find NON running tractors for that price :D

bigt88

Nov 24, 2014
louisiana
I'm still really excited about my purchase. I went to a Kubota dealer close to town and ordered all new gaskets and copper O ring for the hydraulic line. They wanted $90 for this particular line so I will try the new gaskets and o rings to see if that fixes it first. I can see the pipe has already been repaired but I cant see where it would be leaking. May be a tiny pin hole in it somewhere.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Sounds like you got a great deal. keep us posted on how she turns out.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Hydraulic hoses and lines can usually be locally built by many different companies (tractor shops, heavy equipment shops, even had a local hardware store that had a GATES crimper hidden away in a back room once!). You just take off the bad line and take it to them. About $20-$50 later you go home with a new hose.

Return lines frequently don't need the fancy pressure fittings if it's an open system. You can just purchase the right fittings in a "Hose Barb" style connection and use hose clamps to keep it seated.