Kubota insurance

Grizzy3901

Equipment
L3901hst, la525, 72" landpride finish mower
Jan 1, 2017
Bealeton va
Going to be using my insurance and was wondering if I actually had to bring it in to the dealer or do they just send you the parts if it's something simple?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Going to be using my insurance and was wondering if I actually had to bring it in to the dealer or do they just send you the parts if it's something simple?
Explain further please......what happened?

kirk1870

Equipment
BX1870 loader mmm Haban snowplow
Feb 11, 2016
Chelsea Mi
You have to file a claim , can be done online or phone. Get it to a dealer for estimate, do not know if we can do repairs our self. This is the point I am at waiting for insurance to ok my repairs.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Been tearing down my barn and the grill , headlights, and hood have taken some abuse
Not sure that will fail under the insurance claim....but who knows! If it all happened in one instance perhaps:D - but if little here and a little there damage, might be harder to convince.

I forgot the deduct, what is it $500? or $250?

Grizzy3901

Equipment
Jan 1, 2017
Bealeton va
Its$250. I'm not going to turn it in until.i get all the barn put into dumpsters so if there is more damage I get it all covered. I was told that they covered any damage. We will see I guess

243ackley

Oct 8, 2017
Birmingham Alabama
I think you are going to run into problems. Typically you will have a “per occurrence” deductible. If you break something in the morning and then break something in the afternoon it would more than likely be 2 occurrences which is subject to 2 deductibles.

I would get in touch with the carrier ASAP to make sure you know what you are dealing with.

I don’t have kubota insurance but I am in the business.

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
I think you are going to run into problems. Typically you will have a “per occurrence” deductible. If you break something in the morning and then break something in the afternoon it would more than likely be 2 occurrences which is subject to 2 deductibles.

I would get in touch with the carrier ASAP to make sure you know what you are dealing with.

I don’t have kubota insurance but I am in the business.
This. Not sure how Kubota insurance works but I think 243ackley is spot on. Can't tell you how many times over the years I've folks with 10 years of dings, dents and bruises on their car call to turn them all in at one time as one claim with one deductible. Not how it works generally.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Grizzy3901, you're in for a lesson on the cost of damaging equipment thinking your insurance is covering your recklessness.

You might just want to re-evaluate your demolition procedures! Keep destroying your tractor and you may discover it's less cost to hire it done.

Brick Axelrod

Equipment
L5460, BH92, RCR1872, FDR2572.RTVX1100c
Apr 12, 2018
South Carolina
When my Kubota policy was explained to me it was for a lot of things but not really what your describing. Sure, it you drive it down the road and it falls off the trailer it’s covered. Roll it over, yep. Burns up, yep. Damage to the hood and headlights? Please let me know how it goes, I am interested for future reference.

Brick

243ackley

Oct 8, 2017
Birmingham Alabama
Damage to the hood and headlights could be covered under certain circumstances but I would not think a carrier would pay the op’s claim given the facts as I know them.

Be careful how you treat your insurance carrier. You might really need them one day for something big.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Kubota insurance is significantly different than other policies and will cover almost everything. You can turn in several occurrences at the same time for one deductible.

Come home in a bad mood, drive your tractor into a tree several times, set it on fire and push in into the pond. Covered for one deductible.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Correct. Only one deductible, to my knowledge. Few years ago we had 2 tornadoes come through in one evening. Some peoples' tractors were damaged in the first one, then a couple hours later, more damage to the same vehicles. One deductible.

Here's how you do it. You call the insurance company and tell them that you've had an oops. Now the claim is started. Then take tractor to an authorized Kubota dealer, they complete all necessary and covered repairs. When done, they'll call you and you go pick it up. $250 deductible will be due at time of pick up. Additionally, KTAC insurance will also cover transportation charges so if you don't feel like hauling it to the dealer, call a wrecker or call the dealer, they'll pick it up on KTAC insurances' dime; you'll still only owe $250.

It's real smooth and really easy. But don't try to pull any funny stuff with any insurance company. They find out, you could be had in a courtroom if it comes down to it. Play it by the rules and you'll be fine.

Grizzy3901

Equipment
Jan 1, 2017
Bealeton va
It was explained to me by the dealer that anything you do to the tractor or anyplace it happens is covered. Which is why it’s a better option than homeowners insurance. So after reading some of these comments pretty sure some of you just look at your tractors. So by using my tractor with a grapple to clean up debris and a board comes up under the grapple and hits the grill is recklessness. How would it be different if I was going into a brush pile and having a stick come up through the grill is that recklessness?I didn’t spend 32k on a tractor to watch or pay other people do my work when I have the capable equipment. I’ve seen guys drive 20 foot bush hogs between two trees with 170hp tractor and snap the draw bars and the only thing still connected was half the drive shaft. I’ll let y’all know how it works out last can was loaded today and will be picked up in the am so guess it’s time to load it up and take it to the dealer.

kirk1870

Equipment
BX1870 loader mmm Haban snowplow
Feb 11, 2016
Chelsea Mi
You need to get your policy out and read it, you have 60 days to report each occurence. They have stipulations on abuse and miss use. Talk to you dealer about wording before filing your claim. It could make all the difference.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I had no clue that Kubota provided insurance...

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I had no clue that Kubota provided insurance...
If you buy new and finance, they offer it for the term of the loan for $$ per $1,000 borrowed. Even covers stupidity :D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

adventure bob

Equipment
l6060
Nov 6, 2013
Colorado Springs
I dropped a log on the hood and grill... Called the KTAC guy explained what happened. His only question was "Were you operating the tractor when the tree hit it?" I said yep, It slipped out of the grapple. He said "your claim number is XXXXX, tell your servicing dealer that and he'll send me the quote."

I love KTAC. I'm trying to figure out how to keep it when the loans paid off.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I dropped a log on the hood and grill... Called the KTAC guy explained what happened. His only question was "Were you operating the tractor when the tree hit it?" I said yep, It slipped out of the grapple. He said "your claim number is XXXXX, tell your servicing dealer that and he'll send me the quote."

I love KTAC. I'm trying to figure out how to keep it when the loans paid off.

Well - here is your answer!

I am paying off my BX25D in the next month, I got a letter from Kubota central.....asking IF I wanted to continue my coverage......
Looking at the piece of paper a little closer, I found the cost - approx $335 ish for the year! ;)

My initial cost was right at $200 a year, or about $1000 over the life of the 5 year loan.