Kubota Improved Grill Guard Protection?

Ron L4760

Apr 16, 2017
Johnson City TX
I have already replaced one grill on the L4760 due to limb puncture. Am all ears toward slick ideas to add more solid plate to the grill guard, or if such is already offered aftermarket I'd consider as well, dependent on price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
I know other folks have simply welded a piece of expanded metal onto the grill guard like the picture below.

I took an easier way out and simple zip tied a door off a large dog kennel onto the grill guard. I didn't know how long it would last, but it's been there many years. It has a few dents and dings, but no more holes in the grill.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ron L4760

Apr 16, 2017
Johnson City TX
I know other folks have simply welded a piece of expanded metal onto the grill guard like the picture below.

I took an easier way out and simple zip tied a door off a large dog kennel onto the grill guard. I didn't know how long it would last, but it's been there many years. It has a few dents and dings, but no more holes in the grill.

Hey I like the dog kennel door idea. Did you just happen to get lucky on the size and fit or did you trim it somehow?

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I'm not aware of any manufacturers, used to be one, but I can no longer find the link. My brother made mine, so if you have a good welding shop, you could take it along with a picture and they could fab one up for you.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Ron L4760 to answer your question, I guess I just got lucky. I got the dog kennel for free at the end of someone's driveway. It was one of those plastic ones with this nice mesh door in it. All I had to do is to make one small bend it it to make it conform to the original guard. It has lasted for years. It's nothing fancy but it seems to work.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ron L4760

Apr 16, 2017
Johnson City TX
Ron L4760 to answer your question, I guess I just got lucky. I got the dog kennel for free at the end of someone's driveway. It was one of those plastic ones with this nice mesh door in it. All I had to do is to make one small bend it it to make it conform to the original guard. It has lasted for years. It's nothing fancy but it seems to work.

Wow I'm really impressed with the simplicity of that. Also it's easily changed out after the first accident, which is really what's at issue here. Do you happen to remember the brand of kennel--it aligns to the Kubota grill guard really well.