Kubota G5200 Eaton Hydrostatic - No Forward or Backward Movement

BackYardWrench

Equipment
B1700
Jul 17, 2015
Wisconsin Dells, WI
Recent acquisition: Seems original with 585 hours. Starts right up.

At time of purchase, transaxle was dry ie no fluid. Filled it with 7 quarts UDT - no leaks but no movement. Strainer clear and has a Kubota filter. Not sure what happened to fluid as there is no evidence of draining. I was told it was sitting in a garage for some years.

Driveshaft spins the EATON Model 1100?? Hydrostatic pump. Need suggestions to trouble shoot and get her going. Is there a Eaton WSM for this thing?

TIA

JC

BackYardWrench

Equipment
B1700
Jul 17, 2015
Wisconsin Dells, WI
Thanks eserv

Is there any way to do preliminary checks (with unit in tractor) to see if the pump is working?

mbu manual came with but thanks anyway. Don't think this will be a simple fix.

BackYardWrench

Equipment
B1700
Jul 17, 2015
Wisconsin Dells, WI
Ended up pulling the HST Eaton 1100 046 CCW Pump. Turns out the output shaft is cracked. Now to see if the part is still available from Eaton. btw I have the illustrated parts list with part numbers if anyone needs it.

Bigger question: what created such stress. The PTO is powered by double belts and runs off of a flywheel pulley, which faces forward. The motor sits facing rearward. The HST has its own shaft from the front of the crank and spins all the time. My thought is that this thing got towed and the stress of the wheels dragging caused the crack. There is a sticker which states "DO NOT TOW".

Attachments

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Oh My!! I have a G5200 with the same hydro unit. The rear-end on these things is usually BULLET PROOF (The diameter of the rear axle is 3x larger than most garden tractors.) The ratings for the Eaton are far above what the engine can generate.

I have no clue how that output shaft could snap off like that.

Incase you do not have it.... here is the URL to the Eaton unit ==> http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@hyd/documents/content/pll_1616.pdf

The fact that the hydro was 'dry' is kinda scary... running dry is perhaps the only way to kill those things.

Have you considered looking for a used hydro unit? I have seen several on eBay.