Kubota filters

rtallichet

Equipment
3901HST-FEL, box blade, backhoe, grapple, rake, forks, piranha bar stump grinder
Dec 11, 2017
Texas
Hello Kubota Friends

I wonder why on my new Kubota 3901 all of the oil and fuel filters are painted grey no information showing. It seems Kubota would want to make it easy for customers to order. Could it be another filter manufacture is making them for Kubota?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Re: Kuboa filters

If it's the same as the past all factory installed filters are from Japan. You probably will never see that at any dealer again.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas

They paint after the filters are installed

I don’t think that they actually put part numbers on the filters anyway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA

True they painted everything on mine, the filters, the rubber boots on the tie rods and steering linkages, as I was doing my first greasing on delivery, I was like WTH, too funny.

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA

True they painted everything on mine, the filters, the rubber boots on the tie rods and steering linkages, as I was doing my first greasing on delivery, I was like WTH, too funny.
I think it has to do with when they schedule the engine and other components to be painted at factory assembly. Needless to say, the screw-on oil filter receiver would not benefit from having heavy paint coating inside the works, so the filter and other components are installed b4 paint is applied.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Also read up in advance on removing factory installed filters! They have a tendency to be difficult to remove.
My preference is a chain wrench, tapping the slotted base with a cold chisel, or a small air hammer chisel if room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Several sites on the net showing filters cut apart. The Kubota filters seems to quite a bit better construction than others.
As posted already, have some extra time and patience ready for your first filter change. The factory installed filters can be a major pain in the ......... to get off.

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
As others have said, they paint after the filters are installed. The OEM replacement filters are white and have the part numbers visible. Just go to a dealer to get the numbers and order them on Amazon. At least for me, that beats dealer pricing by a fair amount.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes the filters are painted at the factory when it's built, but there is also a sneaky side effect to doing this, they will know just by looking if it's been serviced yet.

Way back when I worked for dealers it would kill a warranty claim real quick if a unit had too many Hours/Miles on it and still had the factory filters. ;)

rtallichet

Equipment
3901HST-FEL, box blade, backhoe, grapple, rake, forks, piranha bar stump grinder
Dec 11, 2017
Texas
The transmission filter was tighter than I thought it should. Took some effort with a strap filter wrench. Access was a little bit of a challenge. It was fun locating all of the grease fittings. The two on the loaded cylinders need to be change to 90's angle. The ones on there now are at 45. Good learning experience to get to know the equipment.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The HST filters tighten themselves up apparently. Many of my customers are loyal to us, and I see their tractor yearly for servicing. I've purposely left some of the HST filters, well not loose, but not tight, so that they're easier to take off the next time. 20 hours later, it takes a chisel or an air hammer to bust them loose.

rtallichet

Equipment
Dec 11, 2017
Texas
I have found that some dealers with match Messicks price on filters.