Kubota Bx2660D Front Axle Issue

avenger1996

Equipment
BX 2660
Feb 9, 2021
Horseheads, NY 14844
Hi,
I was plowing snow the other day and my wheel fell off. I thought that maybe the lug nuts came loose, but this wasn't the case. The front axle came out with
the wheel attached. I cant find any information on what holds the axle in the hub. I emailed Kubota and called a local dealer but no one could provide me with a answer. Is there a clip or cotter pin, or maybe some type of adjustment to the main axle.
Thanks
Chuck
Charles.schlehr@gmail.com

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
Hi,
I was plowing snow the other day and my wheel fell off. I thought that maybe the lug nuts came loose, but this wasn't the case. The front axle came out with
the wheel attached. I cant find any information on what holds the axle in the hub. I emailed Kubota and called a local dealer but no one could provide me with a answer. Is there a clip or cotter pin, or maybe some type of adjustment to the main axle.
Thanks
Chuck
Charles.schlehr@gmail.com
On kubota's website, kubotausa.com, go to parts, then illustrated parts list. Then search for your model for a breakdown of parts.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Google search BX 2660 WSM, a free download is available. Take a look at the front axle section. You will see that a collar holds in the axle in the hub. This should help you solve your issue and understand how to strip, inspect and rebuild.

Reactions: 1 user