Kubota BX1500 Battery

Vacula

Equipment
BX1500, LA181, 54" MMM, JohnnyPlow Sr, Heavy Hitch, Box Scraper
May 10, 2017
Clinton County, PA
I just replaced the 3 year old Walmart battery that was in my BX1500 when I bought it. I replaced it with an excellent priced but BIGGER battery from tractor supply. Question:
I have no idea the dimensions of the OEM battery that would have come with it and this wider/taller battery I bought takes a lot of room under that dash directly in front of the radiator intake.
I cleaned/blew/vacuumed out all the debris that accumulated behind the battery, (not much), and the radiator fins while I was under there.
Has anyone put a larger battery in a BX and had over-heating issues due to interrupted air flow?
Just curious!

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
If it's pushing through the radiator then on to the battery I wouldn't expect a problem. If it's drawing past the battery to get to the radiator then ensure there is a clear space between the battery and the radiator for reasonable flow, and ensure you clean it out of debris regularly.

Vacula

Equipment
BX1500, LA181, 54" MMM, JohnnyPlow Sr, Heavy Hitch, Box Scraper
May 10, 2017
Clinton County, PA
It pushes past the battery then through the radiator. There is an inch space or more between the back width of the battery and the removable screen before the radiator.
I'll watch the temp gauge though like many Kubota temp gauges, mine reads normal on the lower 10% of the gauge. I'll take a few digital surface temps once the thermostat opens before mowing/working.
Wish I knew what the OEM battery dimensions were. I can't find squat on it.