Kubota bx 2370 steering issue

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Look at the front rims. If none have any physical damage from running into something, find another aspect of your tractor to focus on. If being rigidly fastened was a requirement for the steering cylinder , Kubota would have designed more substantial brackets.

Dave

I get what your saying.. still tho why would it be clunking if it was normal. Hard to believe kubota would allow this to be made which so whenever you turn hard left or right you here a clunk or a knock. But maybe I just have slightly more movement than what it came with so maybe that’s why it’s starting to clunk every now and again.. if it don’t get worse maybe I’ll just leave it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carner

Equipment
Bx1880
Feb 17, 2024
Nisswa
Mounting bolts are tight for the brackets, I’m 110% sure that the cylinder is sliding inside of the brackets cuz I have turned the wheel and watched it.. I can also pick up the front end with the loader and move the wheels side to side and can also watch the cylinder move inside the brackets.. the snap rings just hold the cylinder in place by having a snap ring on the cylinder which is on either sides of each bracket which is suppose to keep the cylinder from sliding in the brackets.. this is why I think that the brackets or the cylinder is worn out.. it could also be worn out snap rings but it’s hard to believe the snap rings would wear enough to produce play.

I have this happening on video but I’m not sure how I would show that to you guys

Edit: the tractor does turn as normal.. although when I turn from left to right quickly a clunk is heard from the cylinder moving inside the brackets.

I also have checked the tie rods and they are both good so they have nothing to do with the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take a look at opposite side of brackets. Pretty sure there should be snap rings to keep cylinder centered. Not outside of brackets but inside.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Take a look at opposite side of brackets. Pretty sure there should be snap rings to keep cylinder centered. Not outside of brackets but inside.
I really hope he figured it out 6 years ago, when he posted his problem.
Be sure to check posting dates.

FYI: He also hasn't been on the forum for 4 years.