Kubota b6000 project. Engine swap?

Robert500

Apr 7, 2016
Sweden
Hi everyone, just bought this tractor but its lacking some pieces...
Paid 100$ for it and these little tractors are not cheap where I live (Sweden)
I have found a complete 4x4 front axle and wheels for a reasonable price that I eventually order soon, but with the Engine im having some trubles, hard to find the z600 (zl600) that is originally mounted. Very pricy!

Is there any other model that fits bolt on? Im not worried about have to move radiator and lenghten the hydraulic lines etc, since i don't have a frame or subframe yet that wont be a problem either...

Maybe a 3cyl 905? Or a D series D600 D650?

The big pieces im missing is Engine, frame, and front axle and clutch anyone have spare parts laying around? PM me i might be intressted...

If anyone have the dimensions of an original frame/subframe to send me that would be nice! !

Would be sad to part it out...

Sorry if im off on the English
// Robert

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Robert sadly there is no other engine that will work in that model of tractor because the motor spins the opposite direction of all the other models.

If you notice B6000's have the intake on the left and exhaust on the right where all other models have intake on the right and exhaust on the left.

If you were to say, hook up a d650 to it, you would have three reverse speeds and one forward speed. :eek:;)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Robert sadly there is no other engine that will work in that model of tractor because the motor spins the opposite direction of all the other models.

If you notice B6000's have the intake on the left and exhaust on the right where all other models have intake on the right and exhaust on the left.

If you were to say, hook up a d650 to it, you would have three reverse speeds and one forward speed. :eek:;)
That is just plain weird, how did that come about?

Robert500

Apr 7, 2016
Sweden

Thats what i suspected, strange that There aint no other engine model that runs the same direction...

Just have to keep My eyes open for an original engine then, they do come around from time to time, it was going to be a longtime project anyway...

Thanks for a quick and informative reply, searched both the forum and internet a lot without getting a definative answer...