Kubota B2410 Power Steering Problem

jms1989

Equipment
Kubota B2410
Jun 5, 2010
Bossier City, LA, US
Hi,

Here lately we have been having problems with the steering system binding up during operation. About a couple weeks ago, we changed the hydrolic fluid in the tractor and a few hours into mowing the grass last week , we started to notice the power steering acting up as if it was loosing pressure, bind up, or something.

We think it may be caused by us overfilling it just a little but after running it for awhile after the fluid has had a chance to warm up, my dad had checked the oil level and found that it was low.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Michael.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Butch had the same problem with his B2410 about a year ago. You could look in the past posts to find how he resolved it. There is a kit from Kubota that redirects the return oil from the steering valve.
Ed

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Yep.... I know exactly what it is! I am not quite sure how you research threads in the archives, however, after much digging and discussion I found someone at Kubota Corp yjay knew EXACTLY what the problem was and they hooked me up with a retrofit kit to redirect the return flow from the PWR steering to the transmission sump (which was AWAY from the current return to the suction line to the HYD pump.

Cavitation my friend is your issue after the tractor warms up... the kit will fix it FOR SURE!

By the way.... my tractor was several years old and with more than 800 hours and they ponyed up the kit for free. All I had to do was pick it up from my dealer. I installed it myself in about 3 hours and all I had to buy was a tube of RTV gasket former.

My steering has NEVER been this good! SWEET

Butch