kubota b2150?

msgt1942

Equipment
kubota b2150
Oct 27, 2013
kingman az usa
hi guys been doing research to try and find vin or serial number on the Kubota b2150 I bought (first tractor I ever owned) and I cannot find the number on the engine anywhere but I did find a number on the side of the transmission its b2150d50046 and below that is a small sticker that reads DT can anyone tell me what year and model it is I read that 4 lugs and 6 lugs in the front tires means newer and older my tractor has 6 lug nuts holding the front wheels it came with a blade on back and an la350 front bucket. power steering and it does have four wheel drive. I bought it for 7000. it runs good not so pretty paint is really faded. the previous owner did not help at all and could not tell me what all the levers did but I figured it out I gotta get a manual thanks for any info.

300zx

Equipment
1979 B7100D, 2009 ZG20, 1991 B2150, 1990 B6200
Dec 1, 2010
Forest, VA
Congratulations on your new to you Kubota!

I also have a B2150 whose serial number is 53543. I tried through my local dealer to find the year, but when he looked up when it was sold, the data base had the dealer who had it originally, but no date. He said it wasn't unusual for dealers not to register sales. The other thing I have noticed is Kubota seems to have gone to plastic fender hand holds in the early 90's which my B2150 has. That is as close as I have gotten.

John in VA

msgt1942

Equipment
kubota b2150
Oct 27, 2013
kingman az usa
thanks wolfman and z300 I am out playing (fixing little stuff on my new Kubota that is weird that we cant at least know the year? also thanks sooo much at least I know that I have the model and serial number also my grab handle on the rear fenders are metal. maybe someone with more knowledge and experience will know. oops I shouldn't say that you guys probabely have years at this I did not mean to offend im super new and green at this tractor stuff but I think im hooked. by the way I retired and moved/ live in kingman az just got five acres (that's why I got tractor) to knock down weeds and want to keep my property level and pretty oh and I also live on dirt road so I am going to use for that too. I guess I know now why the previous owner appeared clueless on details and info. thanks again guys.

msgt1942

Equipment
kubota b2150
Oct 27, 2013
kingman az usa
hey wolfman and 300zx my paint is pretty faded and was thinking about painting tractor with rattle cans my question is can I paint it red and black (I know I can) but is it like treason or something? I spent 22 years in the marine corps a long time ago. and I know there are certain things you just don't do! and I don't want to get lynched by the Kubota minions lol. I am an old fat guy and want to enjoy my retirement lol.

msgt1942

Equipment
kubota b2150
Oct 27, 2013
kingman az usa
oh by the way when I start the Kubota a puff of black comes out of exhaust and then no more (never owned diesel) is that normal also changed oil cause it was black but after I changed it and ran it it was all black again fast? yes I changed oil filter. told you I was new to tractors and diesels.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Both the Smoke and Oil going black quick is normal.

Wanting to paint it Red and Black... Not wanting to call you crazy or anything... lets just say, that's something you'll have to take up with your psychologist!;)

You know they sell Kubota Gray and Orange in rattle cans too!:D

Red and Black paint will void the warranty (I know it's out of warranty, just go with me here), makes members of the Kubota community shiver, shake, and even some pass out, makes Kubota service techs laugh or puke or both, makes neighbors scratch their heads when you're out driving a (Whatever strange tractor they can think up) around, oh and forget about selling it, not going to happen!

Oh and you might seriously want to rethink the Red and Black paint!:D

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Oh and you might seriously want to rethink the Red and Black paint!:D
I'm in Phoenix, not too far away. If needed, I can pay him a little visit, help him see the right way, so to speak,... :cool:

For what it's worth, I had to do some weld repairs and didn't feel like running down Kubota Orange, but I found the "Chevy Engine Orange" I had on hand wasn't a terrible solution, and the engine paint dries quick plus it's tough, good enough for me.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
!!Red and Black!! Where do you live? What's your phone #? My wife will be up tomorrow witha ball bat to straighten you out!!!!! (BG) And if that don't work, Bulldog will send one of his bulls up to convince you. (someone can post a link for him to understand that one)

msgt1942

Equipment
kubota b2150
Oct 27, 2013
kingman az usa
oh my goodness you guys are FUNNY!!!!! I don't want wives beating me. or people passing out. I don't know what I was thinking lol I will keep it orange I would like to continue to get all of your guys advice so forgive my novice idea I repent! I had drunk a few beers while admiring my tractor when I came up with the idea. I know its no excuse I take responsibility. I ask all you the Kubota gods to forgive my infidel thoughts. thanks again for setting me straight lol.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I can't speak for the rest, but I suppose we may be able to overlook this initial indiscretion. Just be aware, you are on probation until we are sure you have got your head on straight.

Move along, crisis averted...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Oh thank goodness...
Dang now I've got to go unload the truck and the guns! I was so looking forward to a AZ road trip!:p

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Oh thank goodness...
Dang now I've got to go unload the truck and the guns! I was so looking forward to a AZ road trip!:p
No need for that, come on down. Got Ben Avery right about 10 miles down the road, open BLM "open range" another 10 miles out. We can bust a few hundred rounds, then check in on msgt1942, just to keep 'im honest...

msgt1942

Equipment
kubota b2150
Oct 27, 2013
kingman az usa
lol you guys really are funny. I can see this is a great bunch of guys in this forum!!!!! and I have another question when I turn my tractor key once 2 lights(red) light up then I turn to the glow plug position and right away the glow plug (third red light) lights up I mean right away. shouldn't the red glow plug light stay off until the glow plugs warm up then turn on to let me know to turn the key to the last position which then starts the tractor? the tractor starts up fine but is this correct or does my glow plug light come on early I wait for about 10 seconds in the glow plug position just to make sure. oh by the way I like guns also so I like you guys already, I mean it in a guy kinda way im married I don't want any further misunderstandings here I already stepped in it once and I fully understand im on probation here lol.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
LOL

Sorry, no help on the lights, mine don't work, and I've not gotten to remedy that yet. My truck comes on with a light to wait on going out before cranking, but tractors you generally wait for the light to signal hot to start.

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Master Sergeant, you are right... a great group on this forum. When I turn my key to first position some panel lights come on, then the next position my glow plug indicator light comes on but it does not go off like my cummins. Manual confirms just to hold for several seconds with the time increasing as the temperature decreases.

V10

Nov 25, 2013
Middleburg, VA
Yes the "b2150d50046" is the model and serial #.
Model B2150DT (DT means dual traction or what we call 4wd)
Serial # is 50046
This site will give you some more info:
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/2/6/1263-kubota-b2150.html
The "DT" should stand for that this is a Gear Driven model vs Hydro - not that it has 4WD. Gear driven models have a bit more torque at the PTO (20 HP vs 18 HP for the hydro) and offer a dual clutch so you can disengage movement with half clutch pedal depression while keeping PTO driven accessories powered.

V10

Nov 25, 2013
Middleburg, VA
LOL, I agree with both of your QuickDraw references for what denotes 4WD, however, I own a B2150DT and models with this identity are Gear driven not Hydro. I didn't see anyone making this connection in any of the posts which might be useful for others. I believe the OP has the same model as I do which is referred to as B2150DT - Gear Driven w/4WD.

My post was out of context for the OP's question which I was clearly wrong and I am very sorry for upsetting the posters:)