Kubota B series wheel weight options

BotaBanshee

Jun 16, 2022
Does anyone know if they make wheel weights for a Kubota b series? Have a 2401 with R14's and am trying to find some instead of filling the tires.

Oo-v-oO

Equipment
2000 B7500
Oct 31, 2021
Central NH
I have been looking for a set to fit my B7500 and seen only one set for sale, but they were too far away for me to go after them. So, they are out there but not too common.

BotaBanshee

Jun 16, 2022
I have been looking for a set to fit my B7500 and seen only one set for sale, but they were too far away for me to go after them. So, they are out there but not too common.
Can't believe it is so hard to find a round weight with a few holes in it! What is your hole spacing? I have 4 carriage bolt holes spaced 7.5" apart

Oo-v-oO

Equipment
2000 B7500
Oct 31, 2021
Central NH
Not sure, offhand. I'll have to measure them when it is light out. I have 33x12.5-15" turfs on back. 12" weights are easy to find, but not so much for 15".

This is the description of the ones I saw for sale:

"Bolt holes are 10.5” center to center; inner hub diameter is 13”; overall outside diameter is 15.25”. ~120lbs each; 240lbs for both."

Attached are the pictures that accompanied the ad.

Apparently some Wheel Horse tractors, large frame Bolens, and I know the the MTD 990 garden tractors had 15" rear wheels so that's another avenue to look into. They do not have the large clearance hole in the center, though. Weights from a Case 444 may fit, they ran 16" wheels, but they are also solid center weights. .

Attachments

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Does anyone know if they make wheel weights for a Kubota b series? Have a 2401 with R14's and am trying to find some instead of filling the tires.
Ask your dealer to check with North States, a company that makes weights for many, many applications and also for manufacturers.

No, they do not sell directly to consumers so you will need to work through a dealer.

Orders totaling 1,000 Lbs. or more ship free to dealers (or at least once did).

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Not doubting, just curious. I had a LX with R14’s on solid rims. Do you have a picture?
Most (all?) modern B series tractors have no holes in the wheel centers to mount weights but some older models do.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I have a L2501 with R4 tires. I did not notice the lack of wheel weight holes until it was several months old or I would have purchased R1 tires that have the weight holes already in place. I removed the weights from a MF1528 when I traded it in and when I am able I will drill and mount them to the L2501.

If you check for clearance behind the wheel, what is to stop you from drilling your own holes? As long as the weights are secured and centered there should be no problem drilling your own holes.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The B is a capable little tractor, however things that are common place for other models are hard to find or almost non existent for the B's hence wheel weights and wheel spacers, are they out ther but damned hard to find,, WHY?? I have no clue

Reactions: 1 user

Oo-v-oO

Equipment
2000 B7500
Oct 31, 2021
Central NH
They look the same as the ones on my B7500. I would say those square holes are absolutely for wheel weights.

Not sure if there is clearance on these, but I know that a lot of the 12" garden tractor weights that have a big hole in the center of the weight are made that way so that you can remove the wheel and mount them on the inside, with the axle sticking through the hole. Then, if you want to add more you can use 2 of the holes in the wheel to mount a set on the side of the rim facing in and the other two holes to mount a set of weights on the side facing out, or use bolts long enough to sandwich the wheel between the weights.

I suppose I should have attached a shot of my wheels:

Attachments