Kubota 4060 HSTC P3024 Fault

Downunder Farm

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota 4060
Dec 8, 2021
NH
Picked up the tractor new from the dealer in late OCT 21; after 9 hours running it logged a P3024 fault. Contacted dealer and they had me check air filter and fuel separator which was full of water. Returned to the dealer and they changed all the fuel, fuel filters and ran 3 regin and sent me home. One hour of running later P3024 fault. Took it back to the dealer. Dealer called and said it was the fuel injectors but I said I doubted it and it is probably a lemon, Service manger said it had to be the injectors and again I said they are just throwing parts at it. Contacted the salesman and made him get involved with the service manager and after much complaining they offered to switch to a different new tractor that was in stock.

Dealership made me wait 3 weeks and when I called the salesman's tone was rude and said I had to wait the 3 weeks because I wanted a new tractor and they needed to swap parts, he asked me what else do I expect? As for the problem it turns out the fuel injectors were not the problem it was the particulate filter in the muffler that was defective from the factory.

I sent several harsh emails to the salesman after blaming me and then t got very heated. You can't complain about a dealer to Grapevine, they just send you back to the dealer, you can't make them take the tractor back without getting a lawyer because they will destroy your credit and if they want to punish you, they can. If I was a farmer I would get better service but I am private so last in line. I have never been so dissatisfied with a purchase.

I don't feel I have anything to do with the fact that a tractor is defective from the factory but the Dealer believes that if you get a bad one then however long it takes to fix it is ok, just luck of the draw. They said they have done outstanding by me but I payed and waited for the tractor to come in, took delivery put on 9 hours and it has been in the shop or waiting to go to the shop since then, That is 9 hours of a working tractor in six weeks of paying for it with loads of work to get done before winter with no tractor and that is outstanding!

The Dealer says I am unreasonable, am I really?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Rudeness (either direction) never solves problems.…it only gets it returned to whomever started it.

If I were in your postion… I’d contact the dealership owner, ask for a meeting… and in that meeting ask how each of us might have handled this better.… listen to the reply…. then ask how we proceed from here. Hopefully the relationship can be saved.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I don't understand the part about them destroying your credit. That makes no sense to me. As far as the mention of perhaps getting a lawyer involved that might not be a bad idea given your inability to come to terms "peacefully". Disagreements are part of life and lawyers are not that expensive. Good luck.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
what were the exact hours on the meter when you dropped the tractor off?

Then, what were the exact hours on the meter when you picked it up after having regen done 3 times?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I don't understand the part about them destroying your credit. That makes no sense to me. As far as the mention of perhaps getting a lawyer involved that might not be a bad idea given your inability to come to terms "peacefully". Disagreements are part of life and lawyers are not that expensive. Good luck.
Anytime a creditor posts derogatory information on your credit report…the consumer can post a rebuttal letter…which prompts the reporting-agency to investigate and, if correct, removes that event from the report.
Perhaps the OP means his credit with that dealership is kaput.

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
One of the things I've experienced a few times in my dealership work is "you can have your tractor back"--from the customer.

If they financed it, and they just walk away, their credit is going to get dinged. If not, thanks-dealer can legally take ownership, then just repair then sell it. I've heard it a bunch of times, only actually happened a couple that I can remember. Sometimes that threat is made, and as a dealer we try to advise people of what's right for them more than what's right for us; hence it wasn't uncommon to let someone know that they're simply hurting themselves if they just abandon their financed equipment. Would that be something that may have been said in this case? Dunno.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
also rather than editing the other post, I'll elaborate.

original post said that the dealer said they did 3 regen's. I asked about the hours usage because doing 3 regens in succession is kind of hard on the dpf and could potentially have been a contributing factor to it's failure.

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
One of the things I've experienced a few times in my dealership work is "you can have your tractor back"--from the customer.

If they financed it, and they just walk away, their credit is going to get dinged. If not, thanks-dealer can legally take ownership, then just repair then sell it. I've heard it a bunch of times, only actually happened a couple that I can remember. Sometimes that threat is made, and as a dealer we try to advise people of what's right for them more than what's right for us; hence it wasn't uncommon to let someone know that they're simply hurting themselves if they just abandon their financed equipment. Would that be something that may have been said in this case? Dunno.
Lugbolt makes a great point! If you feel desirous of financing your machine…it may be safer from a warranty-standpoint to obtain the financing from other than Kubota or the dealership.… because they will certainly know you can only take your threat “so far”…

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I would ask for a loaner tractor while they are repairing/preparing you other one. They need some skin in the game.