Kubota 2750 Snow Blower

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
New member to the Kubota family. We do own a 1100 RTV which is a terrific machine. Here is my sad story;

We have a John Deere 4110 21hp four wheel drive compact tractor. It has a 60" mid mounted mower and I fabricated a front end loader with a 53" bucket. I have been using this for snow removal and was contemplating the purchase of a snow blower. A new JD attachment was priced out above 3k which I thought was a little over my financial level.
I was checking craigslist and found a 2750 blower for a hundred dollars. To me it looks in great condition however the # 40 drive chain broke numerous times for the prior owner. No problem... right ? I fabricated a mount to the JD and was in the process of checking the mid PTO shaft when I noticed one startling detail..... Kubota PTO turns counter clock wise. So now I have a clock wise tractor PTO with a counter clock wise blower.
I have searched the high heavens and did not come up with a reverser or adequate source to make this transition. I am looking for advice..... How do I remedy this problem ? ( outside of selling and buying green ) A new drive gear from JD is $861.00 if I could fit it in the housing.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Check with Service Dept Vic. He might have a PTO reverser he can sell you or point you in the right direction to get one. Those impliments with a counter clockwise PTO are grey-market to the U.S.

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
Thanks for the reply but.. who is service dept Rick ? It's not a grey market blower. It is a BX2750 purchased from the local Kubota dealer. Judging from the classifieds there are alot of owners looking for a reverser. Have no idea why Kubota did this. Maybe it was the fact the engine faced the wrong way in the frame. OR they wanted the exclusive on implements for this size machine. The remainder of the blowers I checked all turn clock wise.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Service Dept Vic is a moderator here on the fourm and works for a dealership in Canada. And yes it is a grey market blower. I say that because I have a Kubota B6100 North American model and I do not need a reverser and can run any PTO impliment just fine.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
And after looking at picture from doing a Google search on your blower, all the ones I saw are front mount snow blowers. Is yours?!?!

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
Yes it is front mount and it has BX2750 stenceled on the top. Does this mean that the tractor to run this is not a real Kubota but a grey market knock off ? He did buy a new snow blower .... are the new ones able to run both ways or is this series still counter clock wise. Do authorized Kubota dealers sell grey market along with regular machines?
You will have to parden me. This is a new venture for me and I guess I didn't understand there were two different levels. Like I said before...there are alot of posters looking for reversers so did they get grey market manufacture also ?
Which way does the Kubota BX series PTO turn ?
It appears I learn something new not every day but on many occasions. Thanks for the assistance.

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
Any one that owns a BX 2750 snowblower....... Which way does your PTO turn.... clock or counter clock wise ? ( standing in back of the machine turning the PTO shaft. )

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
I have a B-series tractor and a BX2750D front mount snow blower and the mid PTO and drive shaft for the snow blower turn counter clockwise from the sitting in the sear position. I never really paid any attention to which direction it turns, but it has blown snow really well for the last couple of years. I how you find a viable solution to your snow blower issue.

Ed

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
sorry about the typos...that post should read that the mid PTO turns counter clockwise while looking at it from the seat. hope you find a solution.

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
Thanks Eddie for the info. That is why I am puzzeled with Eric's response that my blower is a grey market machine. I am sure other owners will validate your response. How to get it reversed may be the winter search project.
Even if we find a reverser to change the direction are the gears in the main gear box made to switch the load to the other side of the beveled surface ? I haven't taken that into consideration til now.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm sorry I thought you had a 3 point hitch mount snow blower. Thats why I had stated that you needed a PTO reverser. I'm not honestly sure which direction a mid pto turns to give you an answer.

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
No problem. I have been confused most of my life. I just never ran into this type of operation before. Well it brings out the thought process and I am sure we will eventually solve the mystery. Alot of knowledge in this forum and many of us will profit from it.
Thanks to all that contributed their facts and opinions. I certainly appreciate it.

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
Have been in contact with them. It is rated for 24 hp but not the speed the mid PTO turns. I assume Leonard is contacting the company to see if the additional rpm is a huge factor in the longevity of the gear box.
They sell for $425. so it isn't a " throw away " if it doesn't work properly.

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
Do all Kubota sub compacts pto's turn CCW ? One would think they would have a reverser as an option if someone wanted to use this blower on a higher hp tractor. I assume the 35+ hp machines turn clockwise.
* Don't look at me... I am new to this mystery !

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
All North American model Kubota's have clock wise turning PTO's on all their tractors no matter size or horse power.

Former USMC

Dec 8, 2011
Central Wisconsin
I saw the ad and assumed it was a package. If his PTO turns CCW the tractor will require his reverser. I would like to see a picture of the Kubota style gear box.
I did contact Hub City and I was told they no longer built this item. Have no idea why. So I wrote them and asked.

I have a couple hours investigating web sites on this reverser already. Not set to quit this early.
Need more ideas Eric !

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well after going back an re-reading your origonal post your tryin to hook a Kubota snow blower to a JD tractor. It might come down to it just wont work at all. We're compairing apples to oranges here and trying to push a square peg threw a round hole. Generally PTO reversers are made to go on the rear PTO. And I have no clue if they make a reverser for a mid mount PTO. Might be up a creek without a paddle here boss!