Kioti Tractor Gone...Back to Kubota

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Picking up my new Grand L4760 later today guys. Dropped off my 5 month old Kioti tractor this morning at the dealership. I've owned 2 Kubota tractors in the past without a single issue. Friend of mine told me to take a look at Kioti last Fall. Sold my L4060 and stepped into the Kioti NX5510 tractor. I want to say, I know Kioti builds a decent tractor...I just didn't own one of them. I had hydraulic leaks the first week I owned it. Then, within a month, the transmission started jumping and jerking me out of my seat. Kioti had it back at the dealership 3 out of the 5 months I owned it trying their best to fix the problem. They could never find what was causing the transmission issue. They even replaced the transmission. Still, the issue remained. So, as of this morning, Kioti refunded me 100% of what I paid for the tractor last October. Not going to run down Kioti, especially my local Kioti dealership. He was outstanding working with me to try to resolve the issues. He went above and beyond for me. I just didn't want to take the chance with buying another Kioti. I've had nothing but good experiences with Kubota. For me, lesson learned. I will be happy to have the true orange tractor sitting in my driveway again.

If anyone out there is experiencing the same type of issues or unresolved problems with Kioti, I will be happy to share my complete story with you on how I got them to buy the tractor back. I posted a video on youtube showing my ongoing issue with them. The link is below.

https://youtu.be/0HALipfatvM

Reactions: 5 users

ccs

Equipment
M5-111HDC12 4WD w/FEL, RC4615, RCF3696: L4060 w/FEL, QH15, RCF2072, BB2572
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
Picking up my new Grand L4760 later today guys. Dropped off my 5 month old Kioti tractor this morning at the dealership. I've owned 2 Kubota tractors in the past without a single issue. Friend of mine told me to take a look at Kioti last Fall. Sold my L4060 and stepped into the Kioti NX5510 tractor. I want to say, I know Kioti builds a decent tractor...I just didn't own one of them. I had hydraulic leaks the first week I owned it. Then, within a month, the transmission started jumping and jerking me out of my seat. Kioti had it back at the dealership 3 out of the 5 months I owned it trying their best to fix the problem. They could never find what was causing the transmission issue. They even replaced the transmission. Still, the issue remained. So, as of this morning, Kioti refunded me 100% of what I paid for the tractor last October. Not going to run down Kioti, especially my local Kioti dealership. He was outstanding working with me to try to resolve the issues. He went above and beyond for me. I just didn't want to take the chance with buying another Kioti. I've had nothing but good experiences with Kubota. For me, lesson learned. I will be happy to have the true orange tractor sitting in my driveway again.

If anyone out there is experiencing the same type of issues or unresolved problems with Kioti, I will be happy to share my complete story with you on how I got them to buy the tractor back. I posted a video on youtube showing my ongoing issue with them. The link is below.

https://youtu.be/0HALipfatvM

Welcome back to the Orange -- I'm about to order a Grand L - either a L3560 or an L4060 -- how did you like your L4060 ?

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
some day if im ever lucky enough will go to a Grand L!

congrats! they are awesome machines.

Reactions: 1 user

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Welcome back to the Orange -- I'm about to order a Grand L - either a L3560 or an L4060 -- how did you like your L4060 ?
Loved the L4060. Was a great tractor. I put about 450 hrs on that tractor without a single issue. Decided to go with the L4760 today because I bush hog several steep hills in my area. Some of them I have to back up the hills in low gear. The L4060 did the job but I could tell I was pushing the limits. Never hurts to have the added horsepower I'm told.

You will really enjoy the L4060. I know I did.

ccs

Equipment
M5-111HDC12 4WD w/FEL, RC4615, RCF3696: L4060 w/FEL, QH15, RCF2072, BB2572
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
Loved the L4060. Was a great tractor. I put about 450 hrs on that tractor without a single issue. Decided to go with the L4760 today because I bush hog several steep hills in my area. Some of them I have to back up the hills in low gear. The L4060 did the job but I could tell I was pushing the limits. Never hurts to have the added horsepower I'm told.

You will really enjoy the L4060. I know I did.

LDowney - thanks. I have an M5-111 for the big stuff and am going with a smaller tractor for everyday chore stuff...love the size of the L3560, but think the L4060 few extra HP will be good...was sort of set on an L3901 and then fell in love with the features of the Grand L's.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
hey went back & read your timeline again....

since ive also got a kioti right now....

how many hours & what type of work load did you have?

you had a BIG tractor. maybe this is more of an issue in that line/size?

got a 40CK.. at about 20hrs & so far its a rock star, hoping it stays that way!

just like you: IF IT DOESNT? IT WILL GO BACK. i dont do "issues". :eek:

(but a Grand L for me would have to be in that 3650 size)

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
hey went back & read your timeline again....

since ive also got a kioti right now....

how many hours & what type of work load did you have?

you had a BIG tractor. maybe this is more of an issue in that line/size?

got a 40CK.. at about 20hrs & so far its a rock star, hoping it stays that way!

just like you: IF IT DOESNT? IT WILL GO BACK. i dont do "issues". :eek:

(but a Grand L for me would have to be in that 3650 size)
Transmission issues were initially felt after about 10 hrs. Hydraulic leaks were immediate. They were resolved. I put about 40 hrs on the tractor. The dealership put 25+ hrs on the tractor trying to resolved the transmission issues but never did. You would certainly know if your tractor had the same issue. Once the engine was plenty warm, 30-45 minutes of run time, when the hst pedal was 20-80% down, the transmission would jump and jerk. Very noticeable.

I'm sure your Kioti tractor is fine and will most likely give you years of perfect service. As I said in my initial post, I know Kioti builds a good tractor, I just didn't own one of them. You can get a lemon in a Kioti, Kubota, Ford or Chevy. It happens. I just went back to Kubota because the two previous Kubotas I owned never gave me a days trouble.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
^^^ thank you for good input & giving me an idea what to "feel" for.

ive had 3 Kubota's & liked them all. (just keep moving to bigger ones)

ONLY complaint ive ever had was the crooked FEL.

someday hope to join You & Sheepfarmer in a Grand L!!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Glad you are back. Seems odd that with those kind of issues that Kioti didn’t put a replacement tractor in your dooryard.

Reactions: 1 users

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Glad you are back. Seems odd that with those kind of issues that Kioti didn’t put a replacement tractor in your dooryard.
I completely agree. I never expected a refund. How can you earn back your customer's trust if you don't keep them in your product. I just assumed when they flew their head transmission guy down from New York and he was unable to resolve the issue, they'd been putting me in a new tractor. Didn't happen. I'll be honest, I'm glad they refunded me the money. There were things I liked better about the Kioti and there are things I like better about Kubota. Just didn't want to take a chance with another Kioti because trust me when I say...they know my name well at the headquarters here in NC.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Your post and the way you handled Kioti and the way they handled you was classy. Getting a full refund was the right thing to do and they came through.
Good job.

Reactions: 4 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats OK all is forgiven welcome home ;)

Reactions: 1 users

ALLONS

Equipment
KIOTI CS2220 / L3901 KUBOTA
Feb 4, 2022
PENNSYLVANIA

HELLO LDowney, Bruce Here in PA. I am having Cold Start Issues with a KIOTI CS2220. And so far no remedies from KIOTI to the Dealer. I want to get rid of it and get Back to KUBOTA as well. The darn thing only has 25 hours on it. I told the Dealer it is a GLOW PUG Timing Issue.....I just can't prove it. KIOTI is going back to South Korea for assistance. Anyway, I would prefer to get my money back from KIOTI like you were able to do. I would appreciate any guidance on how you moved forward with the Refund. I can give you my e-mail - but don't think I should post it here. Thanks so much in advance - Very Respectfully, Bruce!

ALLONS

Equipment
Feb 4, 2022
PENNSYLVANIA
HELLO LDowney, Bruce Here in PA. I am having Cold Start Issues with a KIOTI CS2220. And so far no remedies from KIOTI to the Dealer. I want to get rid of it and get Back to KUBOTA as well. The darn thing only has 25 hours on it. I told the Dealer it is a GLOW PUG Timing Issue.....I just can't prove it. KIOTI is going back to South Korea for assistance. Anyway, I would prefer to get my money back from KIOTI like you were able to do. I would appreciate any guidance on how you moved forward with the Refund. I can give you my e-mail - but don't think I should post it here. Thanks so much in advance - Very Respectfully, Bruce!
Also with that Model.......there has been a gamut of issues and complaints according to the Dealer they ascertained from KIOTI....

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Talk nice, and be firm about what you want. If you talk trash to them, they will dig their heels in and give you nothing. There is no lemon law that I know of when it comes to tractors.

Tropical Jack

Equipment
Kubota L3301 w/ FEL & BH, tilt and trim, chipper, box blade, grading blade
Very sad to hear, as Kioti has been on my radar. But maybe a Grand L is in my future. I still can’t understand individual brakes and a treadle pedal on the same side of my L3301. Other than that, I am happy with my Kubota!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Very sad to hear, as Kioti has been on my radar. But maybe a Grand L is in my future. I still can’t understand individual brakes and a treadle pedal on the same side of my L3301. Other than that, I am happy with my Kubota!
I still can't understand why the treadle pedal.
Whoever came up with that idea should have been fired years ago!
And.......still Kubota sticks with it!
If I could remove/reconfigure mine I most certainly would!

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
It's not that hard to figure out. It's the same platform/layout as the gear drive. Practically speaking it's rare to need to use the brakes with a HST tractor. I've never had a reason to be able to press both the brakes and treadle at the same time.

Likewise, the alternative layout with forward/reverse pedals side beside have their own issues with pushing forward to go backwards and pushing forward to go forward.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I still can't understand why the treadle pedal.
Whoever came up with that idea should have been fired years ago!
And.......still Kubota sticks with it!
If I could remove/reconfigure mine I most certainly would!
My MX has brakes on the left and treadle peddle on the right.

ALLONS

Equipment
Feb 4, 2022
PENNSYLVANIA
I have an L3901 with the same configuration. and clutch on the left side. I hardly ever have to use the brakes other than to lock the brakes in place. Everything is great and works well.