King Kutter XB vs II

azzip

Mar 30, 2010
Rossville, Indiana
Hello all,

I am thinking about getting a grader box for my BX2360. I would love to drag a 5ft instead of a 4ft, but I'm not sure if I can get away with that. I am looking at the local Rural King (think TSC) and they carry or can order both the standard 4ft KK and the XB version. The standard 48" version weighs about 350lbs and the XB is 295lb. I'm leaning to the standard version, the weight being the deciding factor, but my biggest question is - I have read that there are issues with the BX series of tractors and the standard CAT1 implements - it seems to come up with the BX2350, but haven't heard much one way or another with the BX2360. Will I have problems with standard CAT1 implements (reasonable in size) and the BX2360.

Thanks!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
From past experience a light weight box is about worthless. They don't cut good and even for spreading they will ride over the material and in general do a poor job. I think I would rather have a good 4 ft that worked properly than a 5 ft that didn't.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Couldent agree more with Bulldog. I have a standard 4ft King Kutter behind my B6100 and it does a decent job. Manufactures started making an line of impliments to suite the popularity of sub compact tractors. It was easier to call it an XB or sub compact like for easy identifaction to those folks who are not real familer with tractors. I've used a ton of standard Cat 1 toys behind my tractor with no problems at all. Everything from a 5ft power rake to using my dads 6ft grading box to fine grade a driveway.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I don't think I would want to hook a BX tractor to a standard duty Bushhog brand box or not. Here is the weight difference I was talking about though. 48" is 430 lbs.

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
I don't think I would want to hook a BX tractor to a standard duty Bushhog brand box or not. Here is the weight difference I was talking about though. 48" is 430 lbs.
Just out of curiosity, why not? The BX2360 has higher spec ratings than my B7100 and I happily use attachments that weight behind it.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The one thing that I was thinking of is the carry high. Not trying to cut the BX down at all. I think they are a great little machine. I was thinking back on how many times I have been in a bind with my L 3000 having the box scrape hanging on things. Trying to back out of a small creek for example. Getting on and off of a trailer, mine drags both ways. I don't really know how high a BX will lift but I would think it's safe to say that a L series is higher. Some times the rated spec are not in real world applications. A 4672 backhoe is listed for the B 7100. Yes, it does fit the tractor and on flat ground it does fine. That's the limit though. No hills, slopes, banks or trailers.

I was just remembering all the trouble I had with my 7100. Just because it will hang on the back doesn't mean it needs to.

tk1469

Nov 15, 2010
North Central Michigan
If you're looking at the King Kutter box blades - be sure and also check out their "Professional Box Blades" - they are a bit more money - but better made and stronger. I wanted a 66" for my L3800 and opted for the Professional series one - since it was welded not bolted and had reinforcing gussets on the corners.

Delaware Devil

Equipment
bx2360, FEL, 60"mid mount mower, Woods 5' back blade
Jul 10, 2010
Felton, Delaware
I have a BX2360. I pull a 48" woods heavy duty box blade, with no problems.
I'm reading all these replies and thinking to myself, why are these guys looking at new?? I bought my woods off of Craigslist for $300 and about $20 worth of fuel to go get it. It was missing a little paint, but was fairly new. Didn't matter to me, now it's Kubota orange. I just love those rattle cans.:D

azzip

Mar 30, 2010
Rossville, Indiana
Just an FYI - I opted for the KK Standard (II). It seems to lift a pretty well, and I hung up in my wet clay (Just HAD to lower it - it is not new now =-). I spun the tires a bit - I think its mostly the water laden soil right now. Overall pleased =-)

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
I would love to buy used but there are so few attachments available here in Winnipeg.
I drove to the States this past weekend (4.5 hours) and paid $1500 plus $60 tax at the border for a 48 inch King Kutter tiller.
TG48 KK
Tillers here in town start at roughly $2300
I like to buy local but holy hell, I saved almost $1000 after taxes.