Kickstands/jackstands

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
I have several 3pt. hitch attachments, I would like to fabricate a kick stands to hold these attachments up for easy hook up when they are detached and parked.
Anyone have suggestions?:eek:

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
There are a lot of threads on fabrication of stands and rolling carriages for all sorts of implements. The variety of implements makes it necessary to custom design something specific for each one. Also lots of YouTube vids. Try doing a search for a specific implement.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
There are a lot of threads on fabrication of stands and rolling carriages for all sorts of implements. The variety of implements makes it necessary to custom design something specific for each one. Also lots of YouTube vids. Try doing a search for a specific implement.
I have seen some, but cannot for the life of me, find any lately.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
This is also on my list of projects. What I do now is place the pyramid shaped screw type stabilizers (used for RV's) under the implements. If you weld, the various tractor supply type stores sell weld on swing away jacks that would work for most implements.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I built a set of drop tube stabilizers for a trailer,2x2 with a reciever tube outside.
A short piece of pipe cut in halfat a 20 degree angle. Pin welded to 1 half of pipe and other welded to a piece of box tube.a video shows how it works
http://youtu.be/o_39ODWsfo0

Spring and a cotter pin inside box tube hold pin,also keeps it from releasing. Can release pin easily,even with a load on it.
This trailer rolls down gravel roads and legs have never dropped. In 7 years. It on a custom bear trap i built to catch a sow/cub.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
If it's not a very heavy implement, some 3/4 & 1/2" conduit works pretty well if you have access to a welder, tack a small piece of 3/4" to the implement and 1/2" leg cut to length you need, just a couple of holes and a hitch pin to hold it up or down & is a inexpensive way to fab a stand. I put one on a landscape rake I traded for last week, works pretty good.
Heavier ones might need a steel pipe or piece of angle iron.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
If it's not a very heavy implement, some 3/4 & 1/2" conduit works pretty well if you have access to a welder, tack a small piece of 3/4" to the implement and 1/2" leg cut to length you need, just a couple of holes and a hitch pin to hold it up or down & is a inexpensive way to fab a stand. I put one on a landscape rake I traded for last week, works pretty good.
Heavier ones might need a steel pipe or piece of angle iron.
Do you have any pictures?:)

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Didn't see your request until late last night, here's a crappy pic. just to get the idea, there's a 1" washer on the bottom for a foot so it doesn't sink in too far.

Attachments

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Didn't see your request until late last night, here's a crappy pic. just to get the idea, there's a 1" washer on the bottom for a foot so it doesn't sink in too far.
Nice simple idea, I like it. I made one for my blade out of 2x4s I had laying around just a quick tempory fix. Pretty sure I have some square metal laying around that I could work up.

A friend used my tiller one day and didn't like the fact that it didn't have a stand. So he said, I'll take care of that before I get back with it. He happens to go over board on most things. So he welded a large crank style stand that would be used on a trailer. It sticks out about 6" of so off to one side. He pulled into the drive and was so happy with his work. I just kinda scratched my head and said thanks. I told him I appreciated his efforts but something simple would have worked. It works fine and he gets an A+ for effort. I'll post a pick when I get home if I remember.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I've had this one for over 20 years. Made of scrap pieces of oak. Simply drill a hole for the pin.
Now that is elegant in its simplicity. I suppose you just drop them in the spot you park the implement, and then return the implement to the same spot when you're finished?

I'm curious how you get the 3PH arm on without moving the stand -- or do you just leave the stand on the pin and swing it around to rest on the 3PH while you're using it? (I'm thinking that trying to take a stand off then get the 3PH arm on the pin would be a real challenge! :eek:)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Only one support is needed to hold up the plow. Two just stabilizes it for long term storage!! So, remove one support and hook up the arm. Then the other side, then the top link. Yep, leave the wood right where you got it. "I'll be back".

Be aware this is a complicated, time demanding construction, with maintenance beyond belief. Just don't overthink it!:D

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I use locust, and drill a hole in about a 2-3" diameter pole of the right length...

I have been known to resort to cinderblocks, too...:D:D

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Better than the factory one on my tiller. If the "gate" or "flap" in the rear isn't unhooked from the chain, the kickstand is worthless as the tiller just rolls backward. I have to chuckle when i unhoom.

Mike

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
A 1" washer would create more resistance pulling it out than going down in these soil conditions.

Good in principal though!