Kabota wont start

george33

Equipment
l2900
Apr 23, 2011
seattle wa. usa
I have a L2900 Kabota tractor and it wont start.Also the slow blow 40 amp fuse keeps blowing even with the key in the on position.The dash lights work but the starter will not turn over.I removed the starter and bench tested it, its ok.Ive got a new battery and the cables are good.I would like some help please, thanks

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
how long does it take that slow blow fuse to blow. what circuit is that fuse protecting.

With key on are there any running lights on?

Is there anything that is not working on the tractor other than the starter?

It sounds like a short between that fuse and the Starter.

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
This may sound silly but have you made sure that one of the pto's is not in the engaged psoition, I know I was going crazy one day trying to figure out why my tractor would not crank over until I realized that my pto was engaged, As for the fuse, try tracing the wire to see where it goes, it is possible you may have a small chafe or cut from being pinched.
Does the tractor start when you replace the fuse?

george33

Equipment
l2900
Apr 23, 2011
seattle wa. usa
Thank you,very good input, I just checked the safty switch on the pto and the foward reversr neuteral lever they were good.I ll look for a chaf wire grounding out.

2grit

Equipment
L35,U45
Apr 24, 2011
northeast
You live in a wet environment as bad as I do and electrical components get corroded so bad that I go right to the ground immediately and it is the problem in more than half the cases. I just removed the grill from my L35 looking at a different problem and am amazed that the tractor actually starts. The battery ground is corroded badly where it is attached to the frame. The positive terminal clamp is broken and barely making contact. Good luck

george33

Equipment
l2900
Apr 23, 2011
seattle wa. usa
If I connect my ohm meter to the disconected starter post wire and to ground I get 0 ohms or great continuity to ground when I turn the key to the on position.