K 2620 Fuel Filter Leak

bobtny55

Equipment
Kubota B2620HSD
Dec 1, 2017
Stone Ridge, NY
Paper filter needed replacement, and genuine K parts replaced filter, bowl and 2 o rings. But, slow leak after, as if a gasket missing. There is no shut off fuel valve apparently on this model, so leak continues. Is there supposed to be a gasket inside the receiver housing for the screw on bowl? Not listed on official parts diagrams that I can find. Or are there other leak sources. the line in never moist, the top of the receiver housing never moist, just the one side of the bowl.

SHADOOBIE

Jul 25, 2017
Alberta, Canada
I grabbed the bowl off my shelf, part #6A32058862 and there is no other gaskets or o-rings. just whats in the picture attached. Not sure where your leakage could be coming from.

Attachments

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
I had a similar problem with a SuperDuty once. Turned out there was a nick in the O ring. Could have been my fault or a defect but that's what it was.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
If you have a compressor, blow out both threads, ensure the filter is locating up to the main housing and that the canister screws up firmly and squarely.

windzer

Equipment
Bx2370-1
Dec 8, 2015
Illinois usa
It's pretty easy for the 050 oring to get messed up on your bowl just make sure it's down in the groove good before you screw it In you should be good then unless the oring is cut or torn maybe a little oil on the oring maybe help it seat better too.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
Paper filter needed replacement, and genuine K parts replaced filter, bowl and 2 o rings. But, slow leak after, as if a gasket missing. There is no shut off fuel valve apparently on this model, so leak continues. Is there supposed to be a gasket inside the receiver housing for the screw on bowl? Not listed on official parts diagrams that I can find. Or are there other leak sources. the line in never moist, the top of the receiver housing never moist, just the one side of the bowl.
Make sure that you don't have an old o-ring stuck in the filter head. If you put the new o-ring I and the old one is still there. It will leak.