Just pulled the trigger on a BX1870-1

jbarber

Nov 20, 2014
Blaine, Mn.
I just sent in a purchase order to my dealer to purchase a BX1870-1 with FEL.
I'm excited.

But now, I have to go tell my wife.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
Congratulations! I'm sure you won't believe how you ever got anything done without one. I'm going to recommend the Pirhanna toothbar, it makes a world of difference if you have any digging in mind. It's snowing here now, so the toothbar isn't much help at the moment, but keep it in mind for spring.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, and to all the other forum members,

Jerry

ZoomZoom71

Oct 25, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I just sent in a purchase order to my dealer to purchase a BX1870-1 with FEL.
I'm excited.

But now, I have to go tell my wife.
Brother, you're braver than I, so far. I brought up the new tractor shopping several weeks ago and got completely shut down as soon as price came up. I've considered doing it anyway, since I know we can afford the monthly payment, especially with zero financing. Im the sole bread-winner and income is of no concern. We need counseling. LOL

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
Honest to God true story. My best friend bought a new BX2230 in 2005 without telling his wife. One may argue exactly how much the tractor had to do with an already shaky situation, but she NEVER slept with him again. They got divorced in 2010, he moved to the city, I have the tractor.

Last edited:

ZoomZoom71

Oct 25, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Honest to God true story. My best firend bought a new BX2230 in 2005 without telling his wife. One may argue exactly how much the tractor had to do with an already shaky situation, but she NEVER slept with him again. They got divorced in 2010, he moved to the city, I have the tractor.
Sooo, congrats? LOL

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
I don't like to benefit from other's misfortune, but it worked out for me. Needless to say I asked MY wife about buying it . I had been borrowing it for awhile and when she saw how useful it is and how much I loved it, she was totally on board.

Leyland

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 31, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
Good stories! Congrats on your purchase, you will love it.

I managed to convince my wife to make my payments for me:D don't know how I pulled that one off...

jbarber

Nov 20, 2014
Blaine, Mn.
Well, I told my wife, and she took it quite well. Actually, she knew it was probably going to happen.

I started wanting one badly this summer when my Husqvarna lawn tractor frame broke. I had the frame repaired, but about 4 weeks ago, it caught on fire while I was mulching leaves. So, I needed something to replace it.

brimar

Equipment
bx 1870 48" mmm fel
Oct 5, 2014
lancaster PA
I got my 1870 & FEL a couple months ago, was my wife's idea, can't go wrong there..(can't figure out why I didn't get one years ago)