Just got a mint B6100

gmcgixxer

Dec 9, 2014
WNY
I just picked pick up a really clean B6100 with only 330 hours on it. Has a belly mower and woods billy goat M4-2 brush hog. So excited to have this little work horse. Looking forward to learning from this site about my new (to me) tractor.

Semper Fi,
gmcgixxer
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Partner, that is an extremely clean, well cared for machine! Nothing to do but use it, how boring.:D
I completely concur! ;):D:p:cool:

gmcgixxer,
Nice unit, we just like our new to us tractors and equipment to need a little wrench work to make it feel good! :D

Denm

Equipment
B2620, LA 364, BX2360A blade, Lp BB1248, quick hitch, G1700 w/48" deck
Dec 2, 2010
Nova Scotia
wow that is in nice condition

gmcgixxer

Dec 9, 2014
WNY
Thanks for the comments gentlemen. It is still shocking to me how clean this thing is. I think every single sticker that was on it when it left the factory is still present.

While there is nothing that needs to be done to it, there is plenty i want to do to it.

First order of business is to get a hydraulic snow blade mounted on the front of it. Im having a hell of a time finding one. Anyone have any thoughts on where to get one?

Semper Fi,
gmcgixxer

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
GMC,

Wow. Like it just came out of the "way-back machine." Lucky you and lucky for the tractor. Amazing what storing indoors can do for a machine!

You prolly have already done it but, just for giggles, it might be a good idea to do a fluid change on it to make sure no condensation has made it inside. Good time to switch to synthetic engine oil (Wally Mart has diesel Shell Rotella in 5gal jugs for $14. I use 15-40 but you have colder weather to start up in.) Get your Kubota filters from a local dealer or, if you have to, the 'Net, though I have been unable to beat my dealers price on filters anywhere.

New fuel filter (buy two while you are at it) and new hydraulic filter(s) would be a great way to zero out this wonderful machine and keep it running healthy for many years to come. You are probably still a ways from having to do your hydraulic drain/fill. When you do, suck it up and get the synthetic juice for that as well. The interval is hundreds of hours so it will be many years between service. Great time to start a service history. Old brains start to forget stuff.

Keep us posted with pictures. Welcome to Orange.

Semper Fi.

Ray

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
FANTASTIC find! That brings back memories- my dad had a close friend who had Wheel Horses- that's how I got introduced to them. He had a D180, and that was the highlight of the week, to go to Reginald's house and drive his Horse around the yard. I thought I was big stuff. I remember two girls next door, who were swinging on the swingset. I drove the Horse over there, trying to impress them. I pulled up to the swingset, and they made fun of me. I didn't care, though. I was more impressed by the tractor than them...
Eventually, he sold the D180 and bought a 416, and then sold that and bought a brand new B6100 with the power angle front blade. I never did get to drive it, but I spent hours scouring over it, falling in love.
Every once in a while those blades come up for sale, but they are pretty scarce. You might try (if you haven't already) West Kentucky Tractor Parts, or ebay.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
NAPA carries all the filters you need for that tractor way cheaper then what the dealer sells them for. I have a B6100 and most everything I need comes from NAPA.