I've got Covid

RDinNHandAZ

Equipment
Kubota BX1870, FEL, BX5450 Snowblower, back blade, customized snow cab
"There is plenty of proof out there that even N-95 masks have very limited effectiveness.
Masks are a "feel good" thing."

True, mask usage reduces Covid transmission by 12%. I know that is not great but along with keeping clear of people, not touching my face and using a sanitizer when eating, I hope I don’t come down with it. I cannot be sick. I have to take care of someone 24-7. Any modest reduction is a help. Dismissing it as a “feel good” issue trivializes the risk to my wife if I cannot caretake her. Please support my efforts. What else could I do? I had to travel and managed to get 4 days of coverage from my daughter, a great sacrifice to her.

Reactions: 3 users

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
"There is plenty of proof out there that even N-95 masks have very limited effectiveness.
Masks are a "feel good" thing."

True, mask usage reduces Covid transmission by 12%. I know that is not great but along with keeping clear of people, not touching my face and using a sanitizer when eating, I hope I don’t come down with it. I cannot be sick. I have to take care of someone 24-7. Any modest reduction is a help. Dismissing it as a “feel good” issue trivializes the risk to my wife if I cannot caretake her. Please support my efforts. What else could I do? I had to travel and managed to get 4 days of coverage from my daughter, a great sacrifice to her.
That is like 10-12% on each end of the transmission. If the people with Covid wear a mask as well it's more like 20% and a good reduction. The data also shows that the dose of Covid you receive has a correlation with severity if you do catch it.

Again with the Paxlovid, the earlier you take it after you test positive the better, so do what you can to get it now and have it ready when you need it. When the Covid came through my family again I got a supply even though I was pretty much over it at the time so I have it available when the Covid inevitably comes through again.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Just when I thought that I was getting better, I have the runny nose and cough back again. Another sleepless night.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
For anyone concerned about maintaining good health having their Dr. do a blood test for Vit D could be revealing. It is important for immune system, fatigue, muscle cramps and mood changes.

When covid was first observed lack of vit D was a common denominator with hospitalized covid patients.

About 35% of folks in USA are deficient of vit D and getting enough from the sun is an illusion for most people.

Reactions: 2 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Simple facts
Sounds like you agree with me that the vaccination doesn't work that great. That is, the "vaccine" people are getting was for the previous version.

Unless you have a Time Machine, the vaccine is never going to be for the future version.

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
Sounds like you agree with me that the vaccination doesn't work that great. That is, the "vaccine" people are getting was for the previous version.

Unless you have a Time Machine, the vaccine is never going to be for the future version.
The vaccine is typically close enough to still give your immune system a good head start and even if it doesn't fully prevent you from "catching" the virus your body fights it off better and the course is shorter and less severe than without the vax. This a well known and well studied with other vax like flu.

You will always get infected with the virus if exposed, but if you have adequate immunity your body can fight it off without any noticeable symptoms. This is of course one of the issues with the folks falsely claiming that vaccines don't work, they never even know how many times the vax worked since there were no symptoms.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
This a well known and well studied with other vax like flu.
Obviously, Covid is unlike the flu even if you believe the talking points.

If the point is to help the immune system why hasn't there been any encouragement to do just that? There are lots of ways to help the immune system that have almost zero risk.

Oh yeah, because that doesn't make any money for those invested in the vax companies, doesn't control people, and of course, the vax companies won't money off that either.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Just when I thought that I was getting better, I have the runny nose and cough back again. Another sleepless night.
I've been following your thread.

I hope you get back on the straight and narrow soon.

Best wishes.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

The covid vaccine is a crap shoot just like the flu shot.

The flu shots adjusted for the strain they feel is gonna be prevelant this year.

You have better odds of protection with the flu shot then the covid shot.

Covid mutates so fast, they really can't predict what they need to change with this vaccine versus the next.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I've been following your thread.

I hope you get back on the straight and narrow soon.

Best wishes.
Thanks, every time that I think that I have made some progress, it seems like I suffer a setback. Old age isn't easy, to say the least. I do not doubt that I will get over it, it is just a matter of when. My wife keeps suggesting that I take another COVID test, but I already know that I have COVID-19, and I doubt that the test is going to tell me when I am over it. I just don't have enough information as to how the test works.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Thanks, every time that I think that I have made some progress, it seems like I suffer a setback. Old age isn't easy, to say the least. I do not doubt that I will get over it, it is just a matter of when. My wife keeps suggesting that I take another COVID test, but I already know that I have COVID-19, and I doubt that the test is going to tell me when I am over it. I just don't have enough information as to how the test works.
I don’t think a home test will tell you anything of value, positive or negative.

It’s more how you are feeling.

Certainly hope your recuperation is more steady and expedient.

The Mrs. and our son both had it here, plus many folks at work.

I’ve dodged it thus far and hope to continue that way.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It took my sweetie several months to feel cur
It took my sweetie several months to feel cured.
She initially felt good then, not so good, then eventually OK.
It was initially like a seesaw for her!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

No different than the flu shots. They really don’t keep you from getting the flu, but there’s enough similarities in the different strains to reduce the severity of the symptoms.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
No different than the flu shots.
Except not as many people have had bad outcomes from the flu shot, and no people AFAIK were forced to take several jabs a year.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Except not as many people have had bad outcomes from the flu shot, and no people AFAIK were forced to take several jabs a year.
I’m not going to debate political perspectives. I really don’t care what medical decisions other people make. I always get my flu shot and all Covid shots. This year I also got RSV and shingles shots. I’ve had no adverse reactions to any of them other than a sore arm for a few days. And I’ve had Covid twice. Both times, a mild sore throat, stuffy nose, tiredness, and cough for a few days. Very mild symptoms. I recognize that this isn’t the case for everyone.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Fwiw, I've had Covid several times like most everyone with no significant issues, and also no complications from the vax since I haven't had one.