issues with 1987 b 6200 HST 2 WD

dubs

Equipment
B 6200
Aug 8, 2015
beckley wv
Hey guys ive not been on here much since my purchase last summer. I have saw some great info though. its been much appreciated for sure. My machine has 700 hours showing. Ive put 50 on it. Ive done all of the required PM's but i now have 2 issues. The first is that the fuel control lever lost tension. It appears that there are 2 springs inside the engine that control this? Does anyone have any knowledge of this issue. Issue # 2 the rear wheels are making a clicking ( like a cv axle messing up). I can only hear this at low rpm's with the PTO not running.? Thanks for any info.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The springs connected to the injection pump do not give the lever tension.
That done with the linkage.

As far as clicking in the rear end, check the lug nuts and the hubs.

Last edited:

dubs

Equipment
B 6200
Aug 8, 2015
beckley wv
Thanks for the info Wolfman. i couldnt see anywhere tension should be created on the tension bar? Do you know how that is achieved?

Thank you

dubs

Equipment
B 6200
Aug 8, 2015
beckley wv
Thanks for the info. There is only one bolt on the entire assembly, i just thought it was a pivot point. a little lock tight and good to go. On the rear wheels popping, i think it was the large hub / axle bolt. both easy fixes. Also does anyone know if its safe to use the third hole to expand your rear wheel base? If you do this the hub assembly will hang off the end of the axle apx. 1.5". That just doesn't seam safe?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would have to see a picture of which way the hub faces now, but I would say not safe to stick them past the end.
But if the rims are dished in now, swap sides so they dish out for more width and proper tread direction.