Is this B7100 not what is seems?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I don't think it's a 98- it looks older. The dash looks correct for a later model. Perhaps they have built one from various donors.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
I don't think it's a 98- it looks older. The dash looks correct for a later model. Perhaps they have built one from various donors.
I thought it was a hybrid,it looks like gear drive which,I think was not made after the mid 1980s and has the oldertype front axle?
dave

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
I saw this also dave, i think its one of the early revised B7100 manual versions.
its most ceratinly is a eurpoean spec machine to start with, the front axle would be the main indicator, its a six stud hub, but still uses the older style ball joint type axle, the later and models inc the hst had the revised and far superior front axle fitted , along with other less obvious mods.
serial number would shed more light on it though, but it may not be conclusive.
A lot of the plated parts on it look to in keeping with the seller description of the hours and age, but, also not conclusive .

Are you interested dave.....;)

rob

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Also, did you notice the L & R side handles on the rear mudguards are on backwards, and, the brake pedals are the same colour as the chassis, if in original condition they would be yellow.
no pics of the engine though, i wonder why not!!

rob

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Yep, that is a tad on the high side:eek:.
I dont know about you , but i have a major prolem with sellers on ebay adding VAT to sale price.
I think that if you are adding VAT at the current rate to your item you are selling, to charge VAT you must be a trader, therefore it is only fair that you should also be listed a business trader on ebay.

A few sellers have tried to con me on the "plus vat" scam, it didnt work.
if you are not registered as a business seller you cannot add the vat to the sale item as it is not a business transaction, hence the two selling classes, private and business.
If they are selling as a business and need to charge Vat they should change there account status accordinlgy.

Its just another ebay ripoff

sorry for the rant dave....

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
From my research to date there does appear to be conflicting data on exactly what variants of the B7100 were still being produced towards the end of its manafacturing life, also when and where they were being distrubuted globally.

The HST variant is most likely the only varaint that was availble at the end of the productiuon and it does differ a lot from the item in question here.

rob

Big Kahuna

Equipment
Kubota 2000 L3010 HST with Loader ,1992 B7100HST , 1979 B6100E & 2007 F2880
Dec 23, 2011
Homer City, Pa.
It is what it is, a very clean Kubota, notice fuel tank is nice, does have newer style rear wheel hubs, front head lights look a little odd? does have the old front axle, I see no signs of repaint. so it is what it is. NICE !

Big Kahuna

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I don't think that it is as it seems. No doubt that a handy person could hobble together a tractor, paint it up nice, throw in an hour meter with low hours on it, and call it a clean tractor. Look at the dent in the dash, to the left of the meter- a nice little bend, but no damage to the paint.
I would be leary of it, because people aren't always truthful. Even on Ebay.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Yep, but on that low hours, why different rear hubs at this stage.
Brake pedals have been repainted completely, look at the lack of paint wear on the contact area, none, then look at the foot plates, loads of paintwear.
Why not just repaint the worn area with new yellow paint?
Its a nice machine, pictures can be very deceptive though...just my thoughts..

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Yep, that is a tad on the high side:eek:.
I dont know about you , but i have a major prolem with sellers on ebay adding VAT to sale price.
I think that if you are adding VAT at the current rate to your item you are selling, to charge VAT you must be a trader, therefore it is only fair that you should also be listed a business trader on ebay.

A few sellers have tried to con me on the "plus vat" scam, it didnt work.
if you are not registered as a business seller you cannot add the vat to the sale item as it is not a business transaction, hence the two selling classes, private and business.
If they are selling as a business and need to charge Vat they should change there account status accordinlgy.

Its just another ebay ripoff

sorry for the rant dave....
Its good to have a rant now and again rob:D

I have some questions for you regarding business sellers:
where in ebay does it say a seller is one?
Are you saying that if they are one,they can't charge vat?
Is the same true of a classified ad as ebay is not involved in the sale?
thanks
dave

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi dave,
just getting back to the original item, i rang the guy this morning and ran a few question past him, he said a few people had contacted asking thesame question that i was, anyway he left me the serial number and along with some other details, i'm still not convinced to be honest, something doesnt seem right about it, maybe just me.....

anway, this vat thing on ebay.
If a seller is a business seller it will be stated on the top right hand side of the page of the item they are selling, just below there username in blue text, failing that just look at there feedback profile as its on that aswell.

From my numeruous run-in with sellers charging vat , if a seller is adding vat, but is not a registered business seller they cant charge it on that item becuase it is being sold by a private person, if they want to charge the vat they need to vat registered and a business seller, hence why the HM revenue is really clamping down on ebay selling etc.

its not complicated but alot of sellers are exploiting the loophole, thats my understanding.
When i confronted some private sellers that i purchased kit from and wanted to add the vat, i asked them if they were business sellers and vat registered, they said they were and had to charge it, i said no way as they were selling items as a private seller not a business and that was not right, they soon dropped the vat factor.

i think the only real definitve answer is to speak to HM rev, but i wont pay add vat to a private seller under any circumstances, if its a business seller fair do's , but it's all a big scam.

sorry for the extended rant again.

Sledge

Equipment
B7001, Big B 4ft topper
Sep 17, 2012
Gloucestershire UK
Andrew Wilkins is a trader, I believe, I came across them when I was looking for a Kubby. That machine is, apart from the front side lights, virtually identical to my B7001 which I believe is mid-80s.

Have to confess I paid almost that amount for mine, with a heavy duty topper, (was advertised as 10 years old) but as I've said many times here, I've been astounded at the work it's done this past season and if it does the same next season without serious breakdown I'll have got my money's worth.

That's the problem with Kubotas, their worth is far more than the material value of the physical hardware. ;)