Is there an ASAE standard for 3 point hitch lift height?

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Grandson just traded for a new John Deere (I know, I know...) 3039R and the 3 point travel isn't what it should be. If he adjusts the lift arm links long enough to get the tiller in the ground, he can't lift it high enough to get it on the trailer without dragging. Conversely, if he adjusts them short to lift it enough to get it on the trailer, he can't get it into the ground.

I understand that approach angle has a lot to do with it, but it sure seems to me like the lift arm travel distance is too short, possibly due to issues with the rockshaft. Before he takes it back to the dealer (again...) it'd be nice to know what it's supposed to be.

I checked my B2650 and as currently adjusted, lowered height - measured from ground to center of the eye on the lift arm) is 8 inches and raised height is 27.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Paul - -

Are there two holes in the lower lift arms, and side links are pinned in the pair further aft of the rear axle?

If so, pin the side lift arms in the pair closer to the rear axle. Should make it go lower as well as higher. Does sacrifice some lift capacity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
On the top link does he have it in the lowest hole on the tractor? It should lift higher but remove the PTO shaft first to make sure it doesn’t damage anything and then check that it is short enough when fully up

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I'll ask today (He lives 100 miles away...)

He did mention his hydraulic oil was low so I told him to top it off and try again. New tractor with new attachments, I imagine the process of filling lines and cylinders on attachments pulled the oil level down.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I'll ask today (He lives 100 miles away...)

He did mention his hydraulic oil was low so I told him to top it off and try again. New tractor with new attachments, I imagine the process of filling lines and cylinders on attachments pulled the oil level down.
Also, have him check that the stops on the control lever aren't preventing full travel.