Is Bx 2752 required for BX 2750D on a BX1850?

CEdwards

Oct 29, 2019
Enniskillen
Good morning Gents I recently read that the BX 2751 and 2752 are required in order to mount the 2750D on my BX1850. I have attached a picture of my mounting bracket on the front and it almost looks like it will work with the two pins on the BX2751 quick hitch. Im looking to find out if I will need the BX 2752 in order to make this work. Any info would be appreciated. I also attached a picture of what the quick hitch looks like where it attaches.

Thanks!

Attachments

Sqidget

Equipment
BX24
Feb 5, 2011
Richmond, RI
in picture # 2 you are showing bx2751, hitch assy, & bx 2752 is a driveline kit. yes it is needed. it drives the blower.
the BX2752 or (BX2753) also appears to be installed in the quick hitch. The shaft in the center on pillow block bearings. it should also have a long shaft to connect to the mid pto.
The BX 2751 should fit, but shaft lengths vary between tractor sizes.

I believe the bx2752 is for the 18xx and the bx2753 is for the larger machines. I believe the difference is the shaft installed on the quick hitch
bx2752 is 11.25" and the bx2753 is just under 15"

CEdwards

Oct 29, 2019
Enniskillen
Your bang on there squidget. I have an output shaft length installed in the BX2751 of 14 7/8" and the mid PTO shaft is too long because of that. What are my options here? Do I just change the driveline kit to the 11 1/2" shaft? is this easily done or do i need a whole new bx2751 with the proper shaft??

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I believe you can just pull that shaft out and replace with the shorter one.

Everything else is the same.

CEdwards

Oct 29, 2019
Enniskillen
So there are 4 main screws two per section that look like 9/16 or something like that. These aren't the set screws your talking about are they? Is there any kind of seal that I need to worry about or is it just as simple as you explained with the loosen/tap out/tap in. I am decent mechanically but things always seem to go sideways for me so id like to know before I attempt this.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Can you see the set screws on mine? Picture is not very good, but they're on the outside of each bearing.

Also, might want to find an owner's manual.....seems like the orientation of the bearings is different for the shorter shaft (i.e., inside the mounting flanges?!?!). I looked for mine, and can't put my hands on it...I'll look some more....Sqidget may know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Found my manual. You can see the set screws in the pictures.

Longer BX2753 shaft. Should be what you have now, with both bearings outside the flanges:

Shorter BX2752 shaft. One outside, and other inside the flange. Still an easy swap:

I know you said things sometimes go sideways on you, but that happens to all of us. This is really is a simple change without much chance for error.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CEdwards

Oct 29, 2019
Enniskillen
Ok that makes sense based on the smooth portion of the output shaft not being long enough for the bearing to be on that side. So it looks like I will just undo the two bolts, flip the bearing to the inside and make sure I have the proper length. Thanks again for your help ill let you know if it doesn't go well.

CEdwards

Oct 29, 2019
Enniskillen
Well just as my luck is i think I have caused myself a very expensive fix in trying to "tap" out the shaft. There are two set screws on each bearing which I removed. The shaft wouldn't budge with a tap so i stood it up on end and tried a couple very short swings with a 4 lb sledge. the shaft started to move but very very slowly. So I took a bigger swing and SNAP. The shaft moved bearings and all and the bearing housing cracked on both of them. The bearings will not let go of the shaft for some reason.... so now I probably have to buy two new bearing assemblies along with a new shaft?!?! Please advise.....

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I don't think you hurt yourself too bad for the bearings. Probably best they were replaced anyway at $12-15 each.

Looks like they're quite proud of the shaft.....~$155, but you needed that anyway.

I was looking at Coleman Equipment https://www.colemanequip.com/ Messicks is another good source.

Looks like P/N 70060-02699 for the bearings and 70001-00772 for the shaft.

If you go to the following, agree to legal, then put in BX2751, then the bearings only diagram you'll see a parts diagram. I'll attach a photo from my manual. Look the same.

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Last edited:

Sqidget

Equipment
BX24
Feb 5, 2011
Richmond, RI
Sorry to see this turning difficult. Good save from RCW, I forgot about the different bearing orientation. No big loss on the bearings, if it took more than light taps to remove the shaft, then hitting it harder will have probably caused damage to the races and possible premature wear. I believe its called brinelling.
The shaft being damaged as it is on the ends you may have to cut it in the center to remove each bearing and shaft end.