Iron Bull Canopy

traumadoc2b

Equipment
B2650 LA534 BH77 bucket forks snow blade box blade flail grapple harrow rake
Oct 31, 2017
Indiana
Has anyone purchased and installed a canopy from Iron Bull? They sell both metal and plastic versions - I am interested in the metal one.

I currently have a Tuff Top canopy, but the brackets keep breaking to a point that I can almost no longer fix it easily. The metal is largely just stamped (in appearance) and when I hit many of the bumps on my property and in my fields, it has continued to fatigue and just crack.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Yeesh, that Iron Bull unit is $750 USD for a sheet of steel and 2 mtg brkts......

option #1:
Take your Tuff Top brackets to a fab shop, have them 'clone' them using thicker steel.

Reactions: 1 user

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
You could get a golf cart top and fabricate a bracket for it. I bought 2 golf cart tops from the Yamaha golf cart dealer for $20 each. They were take offs from carts that they customized for their customers. I put one of them on my tractor and one on my Model T. If you have some scrap metal around you should be able to fabricate brackets for the top fairly easily. There are some other members on this site that have located these tops in their areas so they seem to be fairly easy to locate.

Reactions: 1 user